UPDATE (10a Tuesday, June 26, 2012) — Maggiano’s has — admirably — issued the following statement:
Unfortunately, a food server at Maggiano’s Boca Raton location was taken into custody for stealing a guest’s credit card. This was an isolated incident involving one employee. Maggiano’s is cooperating fully with authorities on their investigation, and this food server’s employment ended when we learned of this conduct.
The employee did not obtain credit card numbers using the corporate or local restaurant computer system and the security of these systems was not compromised.
At Maggiano’s Little Italy the privacy of our guests is of utmost importance. When isolated incidents such as this one occur, we cooperate fully with law enforcement to take swift action.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Yes, this really does happen. Boca Raton police report that Michael Iannone allegedly stole a credit card from a guest at Maggiano’s restaurant (near Town Center Mall) and then used it to purchase gas and food.
Iannone, who is 42, was arrested and charged with fraud. He was booked at the Boca Raton Polcie Department and later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WARNING: Fort Lauderdale Airport Says Arrive Early, Prepare To Wait This Holiday Weekend
- STALKER: Police Say Boca Raton Woman Stalked, Threatened Victim
- ALERT: US27 CLOSED, DOUBLE FATAL CRASH NEAR ALLIGATOR ALLEY
- SEVEN BRIDGES SUED: Pool Company Claims $20,000 Balance, Poop Removal
- Boca Raton Mayor Scott Singer Reacts To School Shooting
- EVACUATION: Morikami Park Elementary School Evacuated
- Delray Beach Woman Dies In Crash Near Bocaire Country Club
- Corey Zeidman, Boca Raton Poker Pro, Indicted On Federal Fraud Charges
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY BEACH: ANOTHER HOMEOWNER HEADS TO FEDERAL PRISON