UPDATE (10a Tuesday, June 26, 2012) — Maggiano’s has — admirably — issued the following statement:
Unfortunately, a food server at Maggiano’s Boca Raton location was taken into custody for stealing a guest’s credit card. This was an isolated incident involving one employee. Maggiano’s is cooperating fully with authorities on their investigation, and this food server’s employment ended when we learned of this conduct.
The employee did not obtain credit card numbers using the corporate or local restaurant computer system and the security of these systems was not compromised.
At Maggiano’s Little Italy the privacy of our guests is of utmost importance. When isolated incidents such as this one occur, we cooperate fully with law enforcement to take swift action.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Yes, this really does happen. Boca Raton police report that Michael Iannone allegedly stole a credit card from a guest at Maggiano’s restaurant (near Town Center Mall) and then used it to purchase gas and food.
Iannone, who is 42, was arrested and charged with fraud. He was booked at the Boca Raton Polcie Department and later released on his own recognizance.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens