BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Debbie may still be pounding parts of Florida’s coast, but things here in and around Boca Raton are looking significantly better. Expect some rain later today, and the ever-present threat of a tornado as winds whip from Debbie’s outer bands, but there’s no indication from the National Weather Service that you need to dramatically alter your plans:
…HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS GULF COAST TODAY…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
RIP CURRENTS: A SOUTHWEST WIND OF 20 TO 25 MPH ALONG THE COAST OF
COLLIER COUNTY WILL RESULT IN A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS.
THUNDERSTORMS: A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE WITH OCCASIONAL
LIGHTNING STRIKES…BRIEF HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND GUSTY WINDS BEING
THE MAIN THREATS.
TORNADOES: ISOLATED TORNADOES AND WATERSPOUTS WILL REMAIN
POSSIBLE, PARTICULARLY ACROSS THE GULF WATERS WEST OF NAPLES AND
MOST OF THE SOUTH FLORIDA PENINSULA EXCLUDING THE BROWARD AND
MIAMI-DADE METROPOLITAN AREAS.
WIND: A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL SOUTH FLORIDA
WATERS FOR SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH HIGHER GUSTS. IN
ADDITION…THE STRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP WILL BE
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG GUSTY WINDS OF 45 TO 55 MPH.
WAVES: SEAS WILL REMAIN IN THE 7 TO 10 FOOT RANGE WITH OCCASIONAL
HIGHER SEAS POSSIBLE OVER THE OFFSHORE GULF WATERS, WELL WEST OF
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY
THE HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS WILL CONTINUE AT THE COASTAL COLLIER
COUNTY BEACHES THROUGH AT LEAST WEDNESDAY AS WINDS WILL REMAIN
ELEVATED AT AROUND 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
THERE WILL ALSO BE A CONTINUED RISK FOR THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH
MONDAY WITH THE PRIMARY IMPACTS OF OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING
STRIKES…GUSTY WINDS AND BRIEF HEAVY RAINFALL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge