BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Debbie may still be pounding parts of Florida’s coast, but things here in and around Boca Raton are looking significantly better. Expect some rain later today, and the ever-present threat of a tornado as winds whip from Debbie’s outer bands, but there’s no indication from the National Weather Service that you need to dramatically alter your plans:
…HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS GULF COAST TODAY…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
RIP CURRENTS: A SOUTHWEST WIND OF 20 TO 25 MPH ALONG THE COAST OF
COLLIER COUNTY WILL RESULT IN A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS.
THUNDERSTORMS: A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE WITH OCCASIONAL
LIGHTNING STRIKES…BRIEF HEAVY DOWNPOURS AND GUSTY WINDS BEING
THE MAIN THREATS.
TORNADOES: ISOLATED TORNADOES AND WATERSPOUTS WILL REMAIN
POSSIBLE, PARTICULARLY ACROSS THE GULF WATERS WEST OF NAPLES AND
MOST OF THE SOUTH FLORIDA PENINSULA EXCLUDING THE BROWARD AND
MIAMI-DADE METROPOLITAN AREAS.
WIND: A SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT FOR ALL SOUTH FLORIDA
WATERS FOR SUSTAINED WINDS OF 20 TO 25 KNOTS WITH HIGHER GUSTS. IN
ADDITION…THE STRONGEST THUNDERSTORMS THAT DEVELOP WILL BE
CAPABLE OF PRODUCING STRONG GUSTY WINDS OF 45 TO 55 MPH.
WAVES: SEAS WILL REMAIN IN THE 7 TO 10 FOOT RANGE WITH OCCASIONAL
HIGHER SEAS POSSIBLE OVER THE OFFSHORE GULF WATERS, WELL WEST OF
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…WEDNESDAY THROUGH MONDAY
THE HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS WILL CONTINUE AT THE COASTAL COLLIER
COUNTY BEACHES THROUGH AT LEAST WEDNESDAY AS WINDS WILL REMAIN
ELEVATED AT AROUND 20 MPH WITH HIGHER GUSTS.
THERE WILL ALSO BE A CONTINUED RISK FOR THUNDERSTORMS THROUGH
MONDAY WITH THE PRIMARY IMPACTS OF OCCASIONAL LIGHTNING
STRIKES…GUSTY WINDS AND BRIEF HEAVY RAINFALL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Man Allegedly Claims Ex Is Child Abuser, Posts To Socials, Jailed
- Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Declares State Of Emergency For Building Collapse
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing