UPDATE: Wednesday 11:45a — This story has been updated. Please click here for the latest write through.
UPDATE: 7:19p — A spokesperson for the Pompano Beach Fire Department confirms the arrests of Craig Turturo and another Pompano Beach Firefighter, Lewis Stouffer of Coconut Creek. Turturo and Stouffer were also both arrested in Charlotte County several months ago for posting signs advertising their pain clinic. Stouffer and Turturo worked for the department for 11 years and had spotless records.
UPDATE: 5:15p — The DEA confirms that Craig Turturo was arrested in the raid this morning. We are awaiting clarification on the charge or charges. The DEA was slow to release information as the arrest was part of a statewide operation regarding “Pill Mills” and pain clinics.
UPDATE: We are receiving word from other media colleagues that this may have been part of a larger Pill Mill investigation today through much of Florida including local Sheriff's Offices, FDLE, DEA and other agencies.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An operation is underway in Boca Falls this morning following a SWAT raid involving the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. The home, on Marigot Drive, is registered to Craig and Angela Turturo.
DEA remains on the scene. We are awaiting an update regarding charges and arrests, if any.
Craig Turturo is a Pompano Beach Firefighter. Media reports indicate he was arrested in November of last year for posting a sign in Charlotte County advertising his pain management clinic.
This is a breaking story. Check back to BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender