UPDATE: Wednesday 11:45a — This story has been updated. Please click here for the latest write through.
UPDATE: 7:19p — A spokesperson for the Pompano Beach Fire Department confirms the arrests of Craig Turturo and another Pompano Beach Firefighter, Lewis Stouffer of Coconut Creek. Turturo and Stouffer were also both arrested in Charlotte County several months ago for posting signs advertising their pain clinic. Stouffer and Turturo worked for the department for 11 years and had spotless records.
UPDATE: 5:15p — The DEA confirms that Craig Turturo was arrested in the raid this morning. We are awaiting clarification on the charge or charges. The DEA was slow to release information as the arrest was part of a statewide operation regarding “Pill Mills” and pain clinics.
UPDATE: We are receiving word from other media colleagues that this may have been part of a larger Pill Mill investigation today through much of Florida including local Sheriff's Offices, FDLE, DEA and other agencies.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An operation is underway in Boca Falls this morning following a SWAT raid involving the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office. The home, on Marigot Drive, is registered to Craig and Angela Turturo.
DEA remains on the scene. We are awaiting an update regarding charges and arrests, if any.
Craig Turturo is a Pompano Beach Firefighter. Media reports indicate he was arrested in November of last year for posting a sign in Charlotte County advertising his pain management clinic.
This is a breaking story. Check back to BocaNewsNow.com throughout the day for updates.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man