BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you are on or around the FAU campus tomorrow, do not fear that we are under attack. Florida Atlantic University is set to test its emergency alert system, and it may be something of an event.
This advisory was just issued from our friends at FAU:
Florida Atlantic University is scheduled to test all components of the FAU Alert system the morning of Thursday, June 28. The FAU Alert system is designed to play a key role in keeping FAU’s students, faculty, staff and campus visitors safe during emergency situations.
At approximately 10:55 a.m., the emergency siren and PA system will be activated on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, 777 Glades Road, as well as at FAU’s John D. MacArthur campus, 5353 Parkside Drive in Jupiter, and at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Fort Pierce. During this test, a loud siren sound and a spoken message will be heard across campus, as well as in neighborhoods and business areas located near the campuses. The indoor notification system for Glades Park/Heritage Park towers at FAU’s Boca Raton campus also will be tested.
Additionally, FAU’s university-wide email, telephone alert, web alert and text messaging will be tested that afternoon. FAU also will test its toll-free emergency hotline phone number – 1-888-8FAU-OWL (8328-695).
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike