BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you last week about an observant EDS Air Conditioning tech who arrived at a home in Boca to do work, only to find a Chevy Impala in the driveway and a stack of belongings near the door.
The worker, Anthony Kiser, called Boca Police.
Now we have learned that Boca PD found a fingerprint at the scene which led to the arrest of Javonta Pollock, 19, of Fort Lauderdale.
According to police:
There was a large pile of belongings stacked near the front door, indicating that Kiser interrupted a burglary. The owner later told detectives that several thousand dollars worth of jewelry was stolen. The owner said that all the doors and windows were locked when he left that morning. However, officers found a rear door and the fence gate open.
A neighbor told officers that he saw a black male, carrying a clear bag, walking to the side of the home near the gate. A crime scene technician processed the scene and recovered several latent prints, including one on the inside of the patio door. That print was processed and entered into Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). The latent print technician identified the print as belonging to Javonta Pollock.
On June, 14, detectives filed for a warrant for burglary and grand theft and on June 29, Pollock was arrested by Broward County Sheriff’s Office deputies on our charges.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent