BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you last week about an observant EDS Air Conditioning tech who arrived at a home in Boca to do work, only to find a Chevy Impala in the driveway and a stack of belongings near the door.
The worker, Anthony Kiser, called Boca Police.
Now we have learned that Boca PD found a fingerprint at the scene which led to the arrest of Javonta Pollock, 19, of Fort Lauderdale.
According to police:
There was a large pile of belongings stacked near the front door, indicating that Kiser interrupted a burglary. The owner later told detectives that several thousand dollars worth of jewelry was stolen. The owner said that all the doors and windows were locked when he left that morning. However, officers found a rear door and the fence gate open.
A neighbor told officers that he saw a black male, carrying a clear bag, walking to the side of the home near the gate. A crime scene technician processed the scene and recovered several latent prints, including one on the inside of the patio door. That print was processed and entered into Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS). The latent print technician identified the print as belonging to Javonta Pollock.
On June, 14, detectives filed for a warrant for burglary and grand theft and on June 29, Pollock was arrested by Broward County Sheriff’s Office deputies on our charges.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.