BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quick weather update from the National Weather Service. As we just reported, fireworks are still on for tonight at South County Regional Park's Sunset Cove Pavilion, but you may want to keep an eye on the weather.
The National Weather Service says to expect pop-up storms throughout the day, some with heavy rain, thunder and lightening.
Here's the update just out:
PM EDT WED JUL 4 2012
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE INTERIOR PORTIONS OF
THE PENINSULA THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN MOVE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH.
THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES ALONG
WITH BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS TO 35 MPH. SOME OF
THE STORMS MAY MOVE ONTO LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND MARINERS COULD
EXPERIENCE LOCALLY ROUGH WATERS NEAR THE STRONGER STORMS.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- If You’re Looking For Kelley McIsaac, She’s In Jail, And We Know Why
- Tri-Rail Service Resumes Following Massive System Failure
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County Public School Year Ends Thursday
- Train Strikes, Kills Man South Of Boca Raton, Roads Closed
- FOURTEEN STUDENTS DEAD IN TEXAS SCHOOL SHOOTING, ONE TEACHER
- Memorial Day Ceremony Set For South Florida National Cemetery
- POLICE: Delray Beach Man Attacks Dog, Beats With Stick, Cuts
- HURRICANE: NOAA Says ”Above Average” Season Just Days Away
- DRAMA: Woman Says Cinemark Boca Raton Seats Are Dangerous, Sues