BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quick weather update from the National Weather Service. As we just reported, fireworks are still on for tonight at South County Regional Park's Sunset Cove Pavilion, but you may want to keep an eye on the weather.
The National Weather Service says to expect pop-up storms throughout the day, some with heavy rain, thunder and lightening.
Here's the update just out:
PM EDT WED JUL 4 2012
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE INTERIOR PORTIONS OF
THE PENINSULA THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN MOVE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH.
THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES ALONG
WITH BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS TO 35 MPH. SOME OF
THE STORMS MAY MOVE ONTO LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND MARINERS COULD
EXPERIENCE LOCALLY ROUGH WATERS NEAR THE STRONGER STORMS.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Woman Sues, Says Dunkin’ Coffee Cup Collapsed
- More Dead, More Infected In Florida As COVID Spread Continues
- Now 140 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- HURRICANE CENTER: South Florida Near System’s Path
- West Boca Raton’s David Cohen Jailed On Money Laundering, Fraud Charges
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida