BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quick weather update from the National Weather Service. As we just reported, fireworks are still on for tonight at South County Regional Park's Sunset Cove Pavilion, but you may want to keep an eye on the weather.
The National Weather Service says to expect pop-up storms throughout the day, some with heavy rain, thunder and lightening.
Here's the update just out:
PM EDT WED JUL 4 2012
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE INTERIOR PORTIONS OF
THE PENINSULA THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN MOVE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH.
THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES ALONG
WITH BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS TO 35 MPH. SOME OF
THE STORMS MAY MOVE ONTO LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND MARINERS COULD
EXPERIENCE LOCALLY ROUGH WATERS NEAR THE STRONGER STORMS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path