BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Quick weather update from the National Weather Service. As we just reported, fireworks are still on for tonight at South County Regional Park's Sunset Cove Pavilion, but you may want to keep an eye on the weather.
The National Weather Service says to expect pop-up storms throughout the day, some with heavy rain, thunder and lightening.
Here's the update just out:
PM EDT WED JUL 4 2012
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS WILL DEVELOP OVER THE INTERIOR PORTIONS OF
THE PENINSULA THIS AFTERNOON AND THEN MOVE NORTHWEST AT 10 MPH.
THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL PRODUCE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES ALONG
WITH BRIEF TORRENTIAL RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS TO 35 MPH. SOME OF
THE STORMS MAY MOVE ONTO LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND MARINERS COULD
EXPERIENCE LOCALLY ROUGH WATERS NEAR THE STRONGER STORMS.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Person Shot Near Boca Raton Town Center Mall
- POLICE: Stay Away From Mall And Military Trail In Boca
- Popular Boca Raton Restaurant Was Shut For Roaches, Health Code Violations
- CDC: If Vaccinated, Some Family Visiting Okay, But No Travel, No Word On Restaurants
- Silky, Smooth and Slippery: Victoria’s Secret Sued By Palm Beach County Woman
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Battering Senior Citizen
- School Board Member Dr. Robinson: It’s Time To Step Up On FSA’s
- In Hidden Trump, DeSantis COVID Report, Florida Looking Better
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s