UPDATE: Bond Set Wednesday Morning. Read Here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The forecast is time behind bars for former WPTV weatherman Rob Lopicola, now being held on no bond in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Lopicola is accused of engaging in sex acts with men as young as 15, at least once in a car in Boca Raton.
U.S. Marshals arrested Lopicola yesterday in Wilton Manors, where he recently moved. The extremely graphic affidavit of probable cause states that Lopicola sent obscene photos of himself to minors and engaged in sex with minors. U.S. Marshals were involved as he allegedly contacted teens in Michigan.
The official charges:
Sex Assault by a person over 24 against someone 16 or 17.
LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – VICTIM AGE 12 TO 16
LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – CONDUCT BY PERSON 18YOA OR OLDER
OBSCENE COMMUNICATION – MISREP AGE USE COMPUTER SOLICIT LURE SEDUCE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach