UPDATE: Bond Set Wednesday Morning. Read Here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The forecast is time behind bars for former WPTV weatherman Rob Lopicola, now being held on no bond in the Palm Beach County Jail.
Lopicola is accused of engaging in sex acts with men as young as 15, at least once in a car in Boca Raton.
U.S. Marshals arrested Lopicola yesterday in Wilton Manors, where he recently moved. The extremely graphic affidavit of probable cause states that Lopicola sent obscene photos of himself to minors and engaged in sex with minors. U.S. Marshals were involved as he allegedly contacted teens in Michigan.
The official charges:
Sex Assault by a person over 24 against someone 16 or 17.
LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – VICTIM AGE 12 TO 16
LEWD LASCV BEHAVIOR – CONDUCT BY PERSON 18YOA OR OLDER
OBSCENE COMMUNICATION – MISREP AGE USE COMPUTER SOLICIT LURE SEDUCE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend
- ELECTIONS: Deadline Is Saturday For Vote-By-Mail Ballot
- Delray Beach Man Convicted Of Sending Spy Equipment To Libya
- Palm Beach County Commissioner Slams Governor DeSantis On Vaccine Stance