BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The judge overseeing the case against former weatherman Rob Lopicola set bond this morning in the amount of $130,000.
It wasn't clear whether Lopicola posted bond, traditionally requiring a ten percent payment to a bail bondsman.
If he is released, Lopicola will be banned from using the internet or having contact with children. According to the Palm Beach Post, Lopicola is also banned from having contact with his alleged victims.
Lopicola was arrested Monday by U.S. Marshals at his Wilton Manors home. He faces various counts stemming from allegations that he enaged in sex acts with minors, including a teenage boy in Boca Raton.
You may read the extremely graphic affidavit of probable cause, including text messages allegedly sent by Lopicola, here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend