BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The judge overseeing the case against former weatherman Rob Lopicola set bond this morning in the amount of $130,000.
It wasn't clear whether Lopicola posted bond, traditionally requiring a ten percent payment to a bail bondsman.
If he is released, Lopicola will be banned from using the internet or having contact with children. According to the Palm Beach Post, Lopicola is also banned from having contact with his alleged victims.
Lopicola was arrested Monday by U.S. Marshals at his Wilton Manors home. He faces various counts stemming from allegations that he enaged in sex acts with minors, including a teenage boy in Boca Raton.
You may read the extremely graphic affidavit of probable cause, including text messages allegedly sent by Lopicola, here.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Century Village Resident Jailed, Allegedly Stole $30K From Football League
- Palm Beach County Republican Party Embroiled in Libel Suit
- Delray Beach Man Slams EV Into Bush Near Military Trail
- This Woman Is Missing, If You See Her, Call Police
- Palm Beach International Airport Closed Due To Unattended Bag
- PREZZO BOCA RATON CITED FOR MULTIPLE HEALTH CODE VIOLATIONS
- Boca Raton Financial Advisor Owes $394,000 To Amex, Now Suing Him
- Son Of Palm Beach County School Board Member Back In Jail
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW