BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sometimes things are funny on YouTube. Sometimes they are not. Boca Raton Police say when you are threatening someone with a bomb it’s not funny, no matter how many hits you receive.
The makers of the viral video about a Miami Zombie attack were arrested when their planned sequel — taking place in Boca Raton — failed miserably. Vitaly Zdorvetskiy and Jonathan Venegas have been charged with use of a hoax bomb.
Here is the video that led to the arrests.
Read on for the official report about their arrest from Boca Raton Police:
Just before 6:00 pm Friday, July 13, 2012, several officers from the Boca Raton Police Services Department responded to calls of a fight in progress. Upon arrival officers made contact with Andre Brown. Brown said he was leaving his apartment at SE 11th Street when he was approached by a man in a business suit carrying a briefcase.Brown said the individual seemed to be talking on the phone via a Bluetooth device and kept repeating “one minute, 60 seconds.”Brown thought the person, later identified as Vitaly Zdorovetskiy, was talking on the phone. Zdorovetskiy then told Brown the briefcase was a bomb and it was going to blow. Zdorovetskiy set the briefcase down and ran. Brown also ran in the same direction as Zdorovetskiy. After running about 20 yards, Zdorovetskiy told Brown it was a prank and they were videotaping the joke. Brown, who was extremely upset, chased Zdorovetskiy and his partner with the video camera, Jonathan Vanegas. Zdorovetskiy ran off, but Vanegas continued to videotape the incident.The Boca Raton Bomb Squad to examined the briefcase and determined it wasn’t a threat. Vanegas told officers he and his friend regularly videotape themselves confronting people for prank videos they upload to YouTube. Vanegas was charged with Principal in the First Degree for aiding and counseling in the possession, display, use and threatened use of a hoax bomb.Zdorovetskiy, who fled the scene, turned himself into the Boca Raton Police on Monday and was charged with Principal in the First Degree for aiding and counseling in the possession, display, use and threatened use of a hoax bomb.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Police Jail Man For Carjacking, Kidnapping
- It’s HOA Budget Time, Let Us Know If Anything Is Questionable, Illegal, Scandalous
- DRAMA: iPIC Boca Raton Sued For Astronomical Unpaid Rent Bill
- HOSPITAL FEARS: Now 292 Hospitalized In Palm Beach County For COVID, Florida Availability Drops
- FLORIDA OFFICIALLY LOGS ONE MILLION COVID CASES AS GOVERNOR SAYS MASKS DON’T WORK
- Gang Members Arrested, Firearms And Heroin Seized In Joint Broward, Boca Raton, Federal Operation
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: CARES Act Application Deadline Extended
- Florida Receives Additional $28M In Cares Act Funding, Help For Unemployed
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases