BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While we try not to over sensationalize weather forecasts, this afternoon’s forecast merits a head’s up — especially if you’ve been experiencing the downpours and electrical storms of late:
From the National Weather Service this morning:
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY, MOST NUMEROUS IN THE VICINITY OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND EAST HALF OF THE PENINSULA. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL, SMALL HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS TO 40 TO 50 MPH. HAIL: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING UP TO DIME-SIZED HAIL.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID
- VERY BAD: COVID Positivity Jumps In Palm Beach County, Deaths, Infections Up Statewide
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists