BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While we try not to over sensationalize weather forecasts, this afternoon’s forecast merits a head’s up — especially if you’ve been experiencing the downpours and electrical storms of late:
From the National Weather Service this morning:
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY, MOST NUMEROUS IN THE VICINITY OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND EAST HALF OF THE PENINSULA. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL, SMALL HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS TO 40 TO 50 MPH. HAIL: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING UP TO DIME-SIZED HAIL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District
- HURRICANE CENTER MONDAY: Peter, Rose And Another System East Of Florida
- TROPICAL STORM ROSE FORMS, JOINS PETER, TWO MORE BEING WATCHED
- FLORIDA: COVID Continues To Kill Nearly 200 A Day In Hospitals
- Anti-Masking Parent Suing Palm Beach Schools Was Arrested For Child Abuse