BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While we try not to over sensationalize weather forecasts, this afternoon’s forecast merits a head’s up — especially if you’ve been experiencing the downpours and electrical storms of late:
From the National Weather Service this morning:
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY, MOST NUMEROUS IN THE VICINITY OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND EAST HALF OF THE PENINSULA. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL, SMALL HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS TO 40 TO 50 MPH. HAIL: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING UP TO DIME-SIZED HAIL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Female Juvenile Chased, Attacked Near Jog Road
- SOUTHWEST AIRLINES: Major Delays and Cancellations Systemwide
- FEDERAL LAWSUIT: Woodfield Country Club Sued For Discrimination
- Tropical Storm Bill Forms, Two Other Systems Watched
- Boca Raton Man Accused Of Snatching Necklace From Wyndham Guest’s Neck
- Eric Holtz Commits Suicide As His Boca Raton Firm Faces Fraud Suits
- TERROR ON THE HIGHWAY: Shooting On I-95 In Boynton Beach, One Dead
- IT’S ALIVE! Tropical Depression Two Forms In Atlantic
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Storm Could Form Today