BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While we try not to over sensationalize weather forecasts, this afternoon’s forecast merits a head’s up — especially if you’ve been experiencing the downpours and electrical storms of late:
From the National Weather Service this morning:
SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY, MOST NUMEROUS IN THE VICINITY OF LAKE OKEECHOBEE AND EAST HALF OF THE PENINSULA. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL, SMALL HAIL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS TO 40 TO 50 MPH. HAIL: THE STRONGEST STORMS TODAY WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING UP TO DIME-SIZED HAIL.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Not Dropping
- Outrageous Agents: Boca Realtor Charged With Cocaine Possession
- Clint Moore Road Bridge To Close For Year
- Football, Lacrosse Students Quarantined At Boca Raton Community High School
- Man Charged With Intent To Sell Nearly 2 Pounds Of Pot Near Boca Raton High School
- CVS OPENS COVID-19 SHOT APPOINTMENTS
- Military Vet, In Fatigues, Threatens Attack In Boca Raton
- No Publix COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments Today
- IRONY: DeSantis Orders Flag Lowered For Limbaugh At Courthouse Where He Faced Drug Charge