BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lynn University’s Friends of the Conservatory of Music has a new president.
Marilyn Swillinger is starting a two year term.
According to Lynn:
Since arriving in Boca Raton 10 years ago, Marilyn has been actively involved in the community and the nonprofits that serve it.
As an advocate for the arts, education and cancer research, she has continuously demonstrated her strong work ethic, creative force and unstoppable determination.
She is a life member of the Greater Boca Raton Cancer Chapter of the Pap Corps, which raises funds for Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. She was honored as its Woman of the Year in 2006; and became its president in 2010 for two years.
Additionally, she was nominated as a Woman of Style and Substance by the Symphony of the Americas Society in 2009; and is a member of the advisory board of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing.
Over the years, Marilyn and her husband, Mark, have been avid supporters of Lynn University, including the Conservatory of Music and the Live at Lynn theatre program. They are major benefactors of the Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center on the Lynn campus. They also support the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art and the Norton Museum of Art.
The Friends of the Conservatory of Music is a volunteer organization formed to promote high quality performance education for exceptionally talented young musicians. This dedicated group provides financial support for annual and endowed scholarships through special events.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected