BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lynn University’s Friends of the Conservatory of Music has a new president.
Marilyn Swillinger is starting a two year term.
According to Lynn:
Since arriving in Boca Raton 10 years ago, Marilyn has been actively involved in the community and the nonprofits that serve it.
As an advocate for the arts, education and cancer research, she has continuously demonstrated her strong work ethic, creative force and unstoppable determination.
She is a life member of the Greater Boca Raton Cancer Chapter of the Pap Corps, which raises funds for Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. She was honored as its Woman of the Year in 2006; and became its president in 2010 for two years.
Additionally, she was nominated as a Woman of Style and Substance by the Symphony of the Americas Society in 2009; and is a member of the advisory board of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing.
Over the years, Marilyn and her husband, Mark, have been avid supporters of Lynn University, including the Conservatory of Music and the Live at Lynn theatre program. They are major benefactors of the Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center on the Lynn campus. They also support the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art and the Norton Museum of Art.
The Friends of the Conservatory of Music is a volunteer organization formed to promote high quality performance education for exceptionally talented young musicians. This dedicated group provides financial support for annual and endowed scholarships through special events.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Federal Charges Filed Against Parkland Pediatrician Mizrachy
- POLICE: Woman Abandons Three Children Across Palm Beach County
- BREAKING: Florida Teachers Now Eligible For COVID-19 Vaccine
- Hyundai Sued: Palm Beach County Man Says Genesis Is A Dud
- COVID Shot Now Available To Vulnerable Floridians Under 65
- Boca’s Courtney Isgette Arrested On DUI Charge
- Another Boynton Resident Killed In Crash
- Boynton Beach Resident Matthew Guntle Killed In Crash
- Ferrari Sues, Wants Its $400k Car Back From Palm Beach County Man