BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lynn University’s Friends of the Conservatory of Music has a new president.
Marilyn Swillinger is starting a two year term.
According to Lynn:
Since arriving in Boca Raton 10 years ago, Marilyn has been actively involved in the community and the nonprofits that serve it.
As an advocate for the arts, education and cancer research, she has continuously demonstrated her strong work ethic, creative force and unstoppable determination.
She is a life member of the Greater Boca Raton Cancer Chapter of the Pap Corps, which raises funds for Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine. She was honored as its Woman of the Year in 2006; and became its president in 2010 for two years.
Additionally, she was nominated as a Woman of Style and Substance by the Symphony of the Americas Society in 2009; and is a member of the advisory board of the Christine E. Lynn College of Nursing.
Over the years, Marilyn and her husband, Mark, have been avid supporters of Lynn University, including the Conservatory of Music and the Live at Lynn theatre program. They are major benefactors of the Keith C. and Elaine Johnson Wold Performing Arts Center on the Lynn campus. They also support the Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Boca Raton Museum of Art, Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art and the Norton Museum of Art.
The Friends of the Conservatory of Music is a volunteer organization formed to promote high quality performance education for exceptionally talented young musicians. This dedicated group provides financial support for annual and endowed scholarships through special events.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy, Getting Busier, Two Systems East Of Florida
- CHOPS Boca Raton Warned By Health Inspector, Vents Soiled
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Child Abuse After Fight With Sibling
- Palm Beach Schools: If Students Lie About Address To Play Sports, They’ll Be Banned
- HURRICANE CENTER: Now 90-Percent Chance System Forms East Of Florida Within Days
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Violating Protective Order, Allegedly Pulled Girl From Market
- Do You Think You Were Scammed By Delray Beach’s MV Realty?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police