BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Accused perv TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Palm Beach County Criminal Court.
Apparently unable to post ten percent of $110,000 bond, Lopicola remains in the Palm Beach County Jail on four charges related to inappropriate sexual encounters and online relationships with teens. Among the allegations against the former WPTV Channel 5 weather man, providing what we will call a ‘personal wind storm’ to a then 15-year-old boy in Boca Raton.
Lopicola was arrested by U.S. Marshals earlier this month after an investigation that seemingly started at roughly the same time Lopicola resigned from Channel 5. He has been working as a personal trainer and bartender ever since.
BocaNewsNow.com published the affidavit of probable cause — including the very graphic text messages investigators say he sent. You can read the messages online.
If Lopicola posts bond, he will be placed under house arrest, monitored with by GPS, and banned from internet access.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?