BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Accused perv TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Palm Beach County Criminal Court.
Apparently unable to post ten percent of $110,000 bond, Lopicola remains in the Palm Beach County Jail on four charges related to inappropriate sexual encounters and online relationships with teens. Among the allegations against the former WPTV Channel 5 weather man, providing what we will call a ‘personal wind storm’ to a then 15-year-old boy in Boca Raton.
Lopicola was arrested by U.S. Marshals earlier this month after an investigation that seemingly started at roughly the same time Lopicola resigned from Channel 5. He has been working as a personal trainer and bartender ever since.
BocaNewsNow.com published the affidavit of probable cause — including the very graphic text messages investigators say he sent. You can read the messages online.
If Lopicola posts bond, he will be placed under house arrest, monitored with by GPS, and banned from internet access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Completely Close
- Fired Elementary School Kitchen Worker To Receive $125K
- MONDAY: Will Boca Regional Hospital Spread COVID-19 With Fundraising Events?
- Hospital Bed Availability In Palm Beach County Plummets
- NOT A COP: Delray Beach Man Charged With Impersonating Law Enforcement
- FLORIDA: Man Sues Car Wash, Surprised It’s Slippery When Wet
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash