BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Accused perv TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Palm Beach County Criminal Court.
Apparently unable to post ten percent of $110,000 bond, Lopicola remains in the Palm Beach County Jail on four charges related to inappropriate sexual encounters and online relationships with teens. Among the allegations against the former WPTV Channel 5 weather man, providing what we will call a ‘personal wind storm’ to a then 15-year-old boy in Boca Raton.
Lopicola was arrested by U.S. Marshals earlier this month after an investigation that seemingly started at roughly the same time Lopicola resigned from Channel 5. He has been working as a personal trainer and bartender ever since.
BocaNewsNow.com published the affidavit of probable cause — including the very graphic text messages investigators say he sent. You can read the messages online.
If Lopicola posts bond, he will be placed under house arrest, monitored with by GPS, and banned from internet access.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- NEW TROPICAL SYSTEM: 70 Percent Chance New Wave Becomes Depression East Of Florida
- I-75 COMPLETELY CLOSED DUE TO HURRICANE IAN
- Fort Myers Man Killed Walking On I-75 In Broward County
- ANOTHER ONE?! TROPICAL WAVE GROWING EAST OF FLORIDA
- Loggers’ Run HOA Forecloses On Another Home Over $700
- BEWARE: COYOTES RUNNING FREE IN EAST BOCA RATON
- DUCKLING RESCUE! Palm Beach County Fire Rescue Saves Ducklings In Boca Raton
- Kings Point Resident Violence Leads To Arrest
- REMINDER: SKIP “GO FUND ME,” FOR IAN DONATIONS, STICK TO LEGIT CHARITIES