BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Accused perv TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Palm Beach County Criminal Court.
Apparently unable to post ten percent of $110,000 bond, Lopicola remains in the Palm Beach County Jail on four charges related to inappropriate sexual encounters and online relationships with teens. Among the allegations against the former WPTV Channel 5 weather man, providing what we will call a ‘personal wind storm’ to a then 15-year-old boy in Boca Raton.
Lopicola was arrested by U.S. Marshals earlier this month after an investigation that seemingly started at roughly the same time Lopicola resigned from Channel 5. He has been working as a personal trainer and bartender ever since.
BocaNewsNow.com published the affidavit of probable cause — including the very graphic text messages investigators say he sent. You can read the messages online.
If Lopicola posts bond, he will be placed under house arrest, monitored with by GPS, and banned from internet access.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing