BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Accused perv TV weatherguy Rob Lopicola is scheduled to be arraigned Monday in Palm Beach County Criminal Court.
Apparently unable to post ten percent of $110,000 bond, Lopicola remains in the Palm Beach County Jail on four charges related to inappropriate sexual encounters and online relationships with teens. Among the allegations against the former WPTV Channel 5 weather man, providing what we will call a ‘personal wind storm’ to a then 15-year-old boy in Boca Raton.
Lopicola was arrested by U.S. Marshals earlier this month after an investigation that seemingly started at roughly the same time Lopicola resigned from Channel 5. He has been working as a personal trainer and bartender ever since.
BocaNewsNow.com published the affidavit of probable cause — including the very graphic text messages investigators say he sent. You can read the messages online.
If Lopicola posts bond, he will be placed under house arrest, monitored with by GPS, and banned from internet access.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASSIVE JUMP: Palm Beach County Schools Now Report 829 COVID-19 Cases
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER