BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are many pregnancy apps out there in iPhone and Android world, but perhaps none is as localized as the new pregnancy tracker app from West Boca Hospital. If you’re in the area, and planning on delivering at one of the leading child birth centers in the region, it may be worth a quick download. It’s free, and available for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices.
Read on for the specifics from Tenet Healthcare, the company that owns West Boca Medical Center:
The new Maternity TrackerTM and Baby’s First Year features on West Boca Medical Center’s mobile app may not be able to get rid of your food cravings during pregnancy or keep you awake for a three a.m. feeding, but they can help moms-to-be and new mothers juggle all the responsibilities that come with expecting and taking care of a baby. The new features are being added to the hospital’s existing app that currently includes a mobile web browser to view the hospital’s emergency room wait time, map and directions, list of frequently called numbers, health data page, first aid guide, health library, and physician finder. The hospital’s app is powered by WorldLink, and available as a free download for iPhone™, iPad™, iTouch™, Android™ and BlackBerry™ products.
“In this advanced technological world we live in, this is just another way for new families to get information at their fingertips that can help them care for their baby, said chief executive officer of West Boca Medical Center Mitch Feldman. “We are always looking for new and innovative ways to connect with our patients to make sure they know we are here to help them every step of the way.”
Expectant moms don’t need to tote a heavy pregnancy book around or write things down on a calendar. The Maternity Tracker feature that can help you get through your pregnancy with flying colors includes:
- A countdown timer based on your due date.
- An easy-to-use appointment tracker.
- A section for journal entries.
- Helpful tips for both mom and dad throughout pregnancy.
- Baby name ideas.
- Information about body changes.
Closer to your due date, you also can use the contraction timer that allows you to rate the severity of contractions, and the labor section that shows the stages of labor,
Relaxation and breathing techniques, delivery methods, and guidance about when to seek immediate attention.
New moms will be able to get all the information they need with the Baby’s First Year feature. Since being a parent is a full-time job, this feature allows you to record baby information and schedules, as well as track your baby’s weight and height. It also includes:
- A section for journal entries
- Lullaby music
- An appointment tracker and notes
- Immunization reminders
- A baby feeding timer
New mothers also have a variety of helpful information at their fingertips, such as a breastfeeding guide, tips for childproofing your home, and facts about solid foods for baby.
To download the hospital app for your iPhone, iPad or iTouch, visit the iTunes Store from your mobile device; for your Android mobile device, visit the Android Market; and for your BlackBerry device, visit the BlackBerry App World.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases