UPDATE 3:30p Sunday: We have learned Boca Raton PD that the fire alarm was activated by a candle.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Cinemark Movie Theater on Airport Road in Boca Raton was evacuated Saturday night after someone apparently pulled a fire alarm — prompting a mass exodus.
Police and Boca Raton Fire Rescue rushed to the scene and determined that there was no fire and that the alarm was “false.”
No arrests have been made at this time, although it is believed the Cinemark has a sophisticated video surviellance system. The person who triggered the alarm may have been caught on video tape.
Cinemark, which owns the “Palace” in Boca Raton, also owns the movie theater in Aurora, Colorado where a gunman opened fire during the premiere of Batman early Friday morning, killing at least 12 and wounding at least 50.
The Cinemark in Boca was recently known as the “Muvico” theater.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates