BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Expect strong storms later today and extreme heat, according to the national weather service.
Here’s the latest forecast:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA AND THE ADJACENT WATERS TODAY. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. RIP CURRENTS: MODERATE EASTERLY WINDS WILL ALLOW FOR A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ACROSS THE ATLANTIC COAST BEACHES TODAY. TEMPERATURES: WARMER TEMPERATURES, COMBINED WITH RELATIVE HUMIDITY, COULD LEAD TO HEAT INDICES OF 100 TO 104 DEGREES ACROSS MOST OF INLAND AREAS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND AROUND 105 READINGS ACROSS THE WESTERN INTERIOR THIS AFTERNOON.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path