BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Expect strong storms later today and extreme heat, according to the national weather service.
Here’s the latest forecast:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA AND THE ADJACENT WATERS TODAY. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. RIP CURRENTS: MODERATE EASTERLY WINDS WILL ALLOW FOR A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ACROSS THE ATLANTIC COAST BEACHES TODAY. TEMPERATURES: WARMER TEMPERATURES, COMBINED WITH RELATIVE HUMIDITY, COULD LEAD TO HEAT INDICES OF 100 TO 104 DEGREES ACROSS MOST OF INLAND AREAS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND AROUND 105 READINGS ACROSS THE WESTERN INTERIOR THIS AFTERNOON.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Woman Visiting From Saudi Arabia Charged With Shoplifting At Macy’s
- Sober Homes Operate In High End Delray Beach, Boca Raton Communities
- CVS Has COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments In South Florida Right Now
- Delray’s Carolyn Gulino Jailed On Enhanced DUI Charge
- Chevy Silverado Step Collapses, Driver Sues Schumacher Automotive
- Florida’s COVID Numbers Are Not Getting Better
- For Drew Abruzzese, A Fall From Food Network To Palm Beach County Jail
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge