BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Expect strong storms later today and extreme heat, according to the national weather service.
Here’s the latest forecast:
THUNDERSTORMS: SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS THUNDERSTORMS CAN BE EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTH FLORIDA AND THE ADJACENT WATERS TODAY. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF PRODUCING WIND GUSTS OF 40 TO 50 MPH. RIP CURRENTS: MODERATE EASTERLY WINDS WILL ALLOW FOR A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ACROSS THE ATLANTIC COAST BEACHES TODAY. TEMPERATURES: WARMER TEMPERATURES, COMBINED WITH RELATIVE HUMIDITY, COULD LEAD TO HEAT INDICES OF 100 TO 104 DEGREES ACROSS MOST OF INLAND AREAS IN SOUTH FLORIDA AND AROUND 105 READINGS ACROSS THE WESTERN INTERIOR THIS AFTERNOON.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak