BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T this morning announced that it has (finally) switched on 4G speeds in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach. Even though your iPhone has displayed “4G” for several months, what was clever marketing for iPhone users is now the real deal for folks who have phones capable of receiving and transmitting data at higher speeds.
Ironically, even thought the iPhone may display 4G, it is actually not capable of 4G speeds. A 4G iPhone will likely hit the shelves in October.
For customers with phones capable of working on the 4G network, expect higher speeds and possibly higher bills. Tech blogs have reported for quite some time now that the speeds are so great that users plow through data like never before, not realizing that the movie download may actually end up costing you a good chunk of change.
But also note this: for all the coverage area issues that AT&T has, its version of 4G, known as LTE (long term evolution), is considered to be the best out there.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens