BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T this morning announced that it has (finally) switched on 4G speeds in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach. Even though your iPhone has displayed “4G” for several months, what was clever marketing for iPhone users is now the real deal for folks who have phones capable of receiving and transmitting data at higher speeds.
Ironically, even thought the iPhone may display 4G, it is actually not capable of 4G speeds. A 4G iPhone will likely hit the shelves in October.
For customers with phones capable of working on the 4G network, expect higher speeds and possibly higher bills. Tech blogs have reported for quite some time now that the speeds are so great that users plow through data like never before, not realizing that the movie download may actually end up costing you a good chunk of change.
But also note this: for all the coverage area issues that AT&T has, its version of 4G, known as LTE (long term evolution), is considered to be the best out there.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again