BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — AT&T this morning announced that it has (finally) switched on 4G speeds in Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach and West Palm Beach. Even though your iPhone has displayed “4G” for several months, what was clever marketing for iPhone users is now the real deal for folks who have phones capable of receiving and transmitting data at higher speeds.
Ironically, even thought the iPhone may display 4G, it is actually not capable of 4G speeds. A 4G iPhone will likely hit the shelves in October.
For customers with phones capable of working on the 4G network, expect higher speeds and possibly higher bills. Tech blogs have reported for quite some time now that the speeds are so great that users plow through data like never before, not realizing that the movie download may actually end up costing you a good chunk of change.
But also note this: for all the coverage area issues that AT&T has, its version of 4G, known as LTE (long term evolution), is considered to be the best out there.
Learn more by clicking here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge