BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Macy’s employee, or likely former employee at this point, was arrested by Boca Raton Police for allegedly returning more than $8,000 of merchandise that he never purchased.
Police say Jahmel Christopher Russell, 21, of Boca Raton, allegedly conducted several ‘fraudulent’ returns to the store where he worked — at Boca’s Town Center Mall. Undercover loss prevention officers at Macy’s say that he initiated 11 fraudulent transactions involving gift cards over the past several weeks.
Russell is charged with Grand Theft and Resting the Recovery of Property. He was released on $3,000 bond.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropics Busy Again, Tropical Depression Forming West Of Florida
- Boynton Beach Man Hits, Kills Man In Wheelchair, According To Police
- South Florida Renters Need More Than $100K Salary Says New FAU Report
- Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Three Systems Now Watched West, East Of Florida
- Crash Completely Closes I-95 Southbound At Hillsboro Blvd.
- Former Seven Bridges Delray Beach Bartender Arrested Twice In One Week
- DELAYS: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Several Detours Set For Delray, Boyton, Boca Raton
- Tropical Depression Forms East Of Florida As Another System Starts To Develop