BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It may feel as hot as 107 degrees this afternoon throughout Boca Raton and much of Palm Beach County. While the real temperatures will be in the 90s, the National Weather Service is warning everyone in the area that the heat “index” may top out near 110 degrees.
If you’re out and about, bring water and don’t over do it. Heat stroke is common when it gets this hot, so know the symptoms which you can find here.
This is the official forecast from the National Weather Service:
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS POSSIBLE INTERIOR THIS AFTERNOON... ...HEAT INDICES 102 TO 107 OVER INTERIOR AREAS... THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT THUNDERSTORMS: ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND EARLY EVENING ACROSS THE INLAND LOCATIONS. THE PRIMARY THREATS FROM THE STRONGEST STORMS WILL BE FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES ALONG WITH BRIEF HEAVY RAINFALL AND GUSTY WINDS. WIND: THE STRONGEST STORMS MAY PRODUCE WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH. TEMPERATURES: AFTERNOON TEMPERATURES WILL CLIMB INTO THE LOWER AND MID 90S ACROSS MUCH OF SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY. THIS COMBINED WITH THE HUMIDITY WILL RESULT IN HEAT INDICES REACHING THE 102 TO 107 RANGE ACROSS THE INTERIOR. CLOSER TO THE COAST...THESE VALUES ARE FORECAST TO RANGE FROM THE UPPER 90S TO AROUND 100.photo courtesy: scientific american
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens