MIAMI, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While we don’t normally cover news out of Miami-Dade County, you can’t ignore the incredibly cool crime fighting space ship that the Miami Police Department just unveiled.
This is a remote controlled “micro air vehicle” that police say will only be used for “hot” situations — events where there’s something going on and a bird’s eye view is needed. (Think hostage situation, active crime scene, exploding ammunition factory). While Miami — and Miami-Dade County, for that matter, have no lack of helicopters for police and emergency use, this is notable because the pilot is on the ground, controlling the drone remotely. If anything should happen to the flying machine, nothing happens to the officer.
Cameras are built into the “micro air vehicle,” weapons are not, although you like do not want this thing landing on your head as you attempt to flee a crime scene.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud