BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The annual “tax free weekend” for certain purchases within the State of Florida continues today and ends tomorrow.
Before you head to the car dealership or the appliance store, keep in mind that there are very specific rules and regulations — and, to put it bluntly — you’re probably not going to save all that much.
Here is the official rundown from the Florida Department Of Revenue.
Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on sales of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $75 or less per item, or on certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item. This three-day tax holiday is in effect from 12:01 a.m. on Friday, August 3, 2012, through 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, August 5, 2012.
The sales tax exemption applies to each eligible item of clothing selling for $75 or less and to each eligible school supply item selling for $15 or less. The exemption will apply no matter how many items are sold on the same invoice to a customer.
The exemption does not apply to any item of clothing selling for more than $75, or to any school supply item selling for more than $15.
If you can’t head out this weekend, we suggest trying our friends at Amazon.com. They are a sponsor of BocaNewsNow.com, and at least until laws change, provide a fantastic selection of tax free back to school merchandise, as well as pretty much everything else. We absolutely support local business, but if tax free is important after this weekend, just click here.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon
- Florida Woman Hits Community Call Box In Front Of Cop, Jailed DUI
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Nearly Major Hurricane Southeast Of Florida
- ELECTIONS: Palm Beach County Supervisor Mails Ballots, Prepares Drop Boxes
- Palm Beach Schools Approach 6,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Hurricane Sam Strengthening, Models Mixed On Path