BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A 19 year old Boynton Beach man has been arrested and charged with DUI Manslaughter following the December death of 83 year old Evelyn Gartman.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office says Alexander Worral was driving under the influence when he crashed into a car in the area of Military Trail and Old Boynton Road.
Here is our original coverage:
An elderly man and woman are in critical condition this morning following a serious accident around 3:30 this morning in the area of Military Trail and Old Boynton Road.
According to police, Maurice Gartman, 86, and his 83 year old wife Evelyn, we’re heading west bound on Old Boynton Road in a Hyundai when 19 year old Alexander Worral — in a Ford SUV — apparently failed to stop at a traffic light, traveling into the intersection where the Gartmans were legally turning left. Worral’s car smashed into the right side often Gartmans’ car. Both came to rest on the southwest shoulder of the intersection.
Evelyn and Maurice were transported to Delray Medical Center where they remain in critical condition.
Toxicology tests are pending for Alexander Worral.
We are awaiting a booking photo from the Palm Beach County Jail.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday