BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is thanking Life Lock this morning — or at least should be — after the company that monitors credit and possible identity theft called him when someone tried to steal his ID.
Boca Raton Police say that someone tried to change Steven Rezneck’s username and password in an attempt to move money from a Bank of America account that’s legitimately in his name to one that is not.
LifeLock, incredibly, picked up on the attempt and called Mr. Rezneck, telling him to file a police report.
Bank of America stopped the transaction before it went through.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates