BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is thanking Life Lock this morning — or at least should be — after the company that monitors credit and possible identity theft called him when someone tried to steal his ID.
Boca Raton Police say that someone tried to change Steven Rezneck’s username and password in an attempt to move money from a Bank of America account that’s legitimately in his name to one that is not.
LifeLock, incredibly, picked up on the attempt and called Mr. Rezneck, telling him to file a police report.
Bank of America stopped the transaction before it went through.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge