BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is thanking Life Lock this morning — or at least should be — after the company that monitors credit and possible identity theft called him when someone tried to steal his ID.
Boca Raton Police say that someone tried to change Steven Rezneck’s username and password in an attempt to move money from a Bank of America account that’s legitimately in his name to one that is not.
LifeLock, incredibly, picked up on the attempt and called Mr. Rezneck, telling him to file a police report.
Bank of America stopped the transaction before it went through.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES