BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Boca Raton man is thanking Life Lock this morning — or at least should be — after the company that monitors credit and possible identity theft called him when someone tried to steal his ID.
Boca Raton Police say that someone tried to change Steven Rezneck’s username and password in an attempt to move money from a Bank of America account that’s legitimately in his name to one that is not.
LifeLock, incredibly, picked up on the attempt and called Mr. Rezneck, telling him to file a police report.
Bank of America stopped the transaction before it went through.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales