BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Lennox Ferguson has a thing or two to learn about stealing cars.
Boca Raton Police say that Ferguson was driving a stolen Mercedes Benz when it ran out of gas in the area of Yamato Road and Congress Avenue.
Instead of cutting his losses and running, Ferguson waited while Boca PD responded to help.
And help they did…
The officer made contact with the driver, Lennox Ferguson. Ferguson told the officer that the vehicle ran out of gas. While the officer was talking to Lennox, she was told by police dispatch that the Mercedes was reported stolen out of Miami. The officer ordered Ferguson out of the car and he initially complied, but instead of getting on the ground, he fled across several lanes of traffic before giving up near 901 West Yamato Road. Ferguson was taken into custody without further incident.
Officers searched Ferguson’s backpack, which contained three screwdrivers, black pants, a black long sleeved shirt and black boots. Officers charged Ferguson with grand theft of a motor vehicle, resisting arrest and possession of burglary tools.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week