BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Crime is expensive. Especially for the apparently less-than-brilliant criminals who think paying a bar bill for $514 and chalking it up as an expensive night is less effective than just leaving, getting arrested, and then having to come up with bond in the thousands of dollars.
But perhaps Ludriz Matiaz of Pompano Beach and David Cortez of Boca Raton had enjoyed so many liquid purchases that they just weren't thinking. After all, we don't believe that Blue Martini sells any single items that cost $514.
According to police, Matias and Cortez were cuffed and stuffed on the charge of “defrauding an innkeeper.” Cortez also, police say, had a credit card that wasn't his.
From sitting at a bar to being behind bars, Matias and Cortez were turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail. They posted bond — which was significantly more than their $514 bar tab — and were released.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School