BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Crime is expensive. Especially for the apparently less-than-brilliant criminals who think paying a bar bill for $514 and chalking it up as an expensive night is less effective than just leaving, getting arrested, and then having to come up with bond in the thousands of dollars.
But perhaps Ludriz Matiaz of Pompano Beach and David Cortez of Boca Raton had enjoyed so many liquid purchases that they just weren't thinking. After all, we don't believe that Blue Martini sells any single items that cost $514.
According to police, Matias and Cortez were cuffed and stuffed on the charge of “defrauding an innkeeper.” Cortez also, police say, had a credit card that wasn't his.
From sitting at a bar to being behind bars, Matias and Cortez were turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail. They posted bond — which was significantly more than their $514 bar tab — and were released.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Marriott Not Commenting On COVID Prom At Boca Center
- Murder-Suicide At Local Hampton Inn, Child Found Asleep, Body In Car On I-95
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing