BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Crime is expensive. Especially for the apparently less-than-brilliant criminals who think paying a bar bill for $514 and chalking it up as an expensive night is less effective than just leaving, getting arrested, and then having to come up with bond in the thousands of dollars.
But perhaps Ludriz Matiaz of Pompano Beach and David Cortez of Boca Raton had enjoyed so many liquid purchases that they just weren't thinking. After all, we don't believe that Blue Martini sells any single items that cost $514.
According to police, Matias and Cortez were cuffed and stuffed on the charge of “defrauding an innkeeper.” Cortez also, police say, had a credit card that wasn't his.
From sitting at a bar to being behind bars, Matias and Cortez were turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail. They posted bond — which was significantly more than their $514 bar tab — and were released.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: Rocco’s Tacos Allegedly Fired Injured Worker, Sued For Discrimination
- FLORIDA: Local Pediatricians Not Sure They’ll Offer COVID-19 Shot To Young Kids
- Vehicular Homicide Charge For Boca Raton’s Christopher Gallon
- BOCA WEST SUED OVER DEAD GOLF CART DRIVER
- Housing Markets NOT Slowing, According To New Study By FAU, FIU Professors
- Boca Raton’s Marshal Seeman Owes American Express $225,000
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off Northeast Coast
- FIRE TRUCK CRASH: Who Is At Fault In Boca Raton Fire Truck Rollover? County Silent.
- FLORIDA: Student Brings Tasers, Marijuana Edibles To Area School