BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Crime is expensive. Especially for the apparently less-than-brilliant criminals who think paying a bar bill for $514 and chalking it up as an expensive night is less effective than just leaving, getting arrested, and then having to come up with bond in the thousands of dollars.
But perhaps Ludriz Matiaz of Pompano Beach and David Cortez of Boca Raton had enjoyed so many liquid purchases that they just weren't thinking. After all, we don't believe that Blue Martini sells any single items that cost $514.
According to police, Matias and Cortez were cuffed and stuffed on the charge of “defrauding an innkeeper.” Cortez also, police say, had a credit card that wasn't his.
From sitting at a bar to being behind bars, Matias and Cortez were turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail. They posted bond — which was significantly more than their $514 bar tab — and were released.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center