BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Crime is expensive. Especially for the apparently less-than-brilliant criminals who think paying a bar bill for $514 and chalking it up as an expensive night is less effective than just leaving, getting arrested, and then having to come up with bond in the thousands of dollars.
But perhaps Ludriz Matiaz of Pompano Beach and David Cortez of Boca Raton had enjoyed so many liquid purchases that they just weren't thinking. After all, we don't believe that Blue Martini sells any single items that cost $514.
According to police, Matias and Cortez were cuffed and stuffed on the charge of “defrauding an innkeeper.” Cortez also, police say, had a credit card that wasn't his.
From sitting at a bar to being behind bars, Matias and Cortez were turned over to the Palm Beach County Jail. They posted bond — which was significantly more than their $514 bar tab — and were released.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far
- Delray Beach Man Jailed On Child Abuse, Strangulation Charges
- COVID FLORIDA: State Adds Another 7179 Cases In One Day, Positivity Climbs