BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t ever underestimate the fraud detection system in place at the Boca Raton Apple Store. Whether a system called “iThinkYouAreUsingAFakeCreditCard” or just smart workers, we have reported several arrests at the store over the past several months.
The latest example: the arrests of 31 year old Tamara Augustin of Pembroke Pines and 20 year old Sherika Elisma of Deerfield Beach. They were taken into custody, police say, after the two wearing matching creme colored outfits tried to buy several Apple products at Boca’s Town Center Mall.
Augustin was charged with two counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
Elisma faces five counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
They were released on bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Maskless Woman Arrested In Boca Raton Einstein Bagel
- FLORIDA NATIONAL GUARD ACTIVATED
- What Is The City Of Boca Raton Hiding About COVID?
- COVID Testing To End At South County Civic Center
- FLORIDA: COVID Deaths, Infections Still Surging
- Feds Charge Florida Man For Inciting Violence At Capitol
- Boca Raton Physician Jailed On DUI Charge
- Cops Seek Thieves Who Hit West Boynton Target
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children