BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t ever underestimate the fraud detection system in place at the Boca Raton Apple Store. Whether a system called “iThinkYouAreUsingAFakeCreditCard” or just smart workers, we have reported several arrests at the store over the past several months.
The latest example: the arrests of 31 year old Tamara Augustin of Pembroke Pines and 20 year old Sherika Elisma of Deerfield Beach. They were taken into custody, police say, after the two wearing matching creme colored outfits tried to buy several Apple products at Boca’s Town Center Mall.
Augustin was charged with two counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
Elisma faces five counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
They were released on bond.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. | Legal Video Service, Legal Day In The Life Video | Legal Settlement Documentary
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Drug Bust: Cocaine, 25 Pounds of Pot Lands Boca Raton Man In Jail
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Disturbance Has 90 Percent Chance Of Becoming Storm
- HALLOWEEN HORROR: Palm Beach Positivity Rate Spikes To 7.3 Percent
- Nearly 300 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Maskless Halloween? Send Us Your Photos Of Adults Behaving Badly
- JAIL: Prostitution Charge For 52 Year Old Boca Raton Woman
- Delray Beach Man Sentenced To 17 Years For Federal Crime
- UNSAFE? Palm Beach Schools Pushing Students To “Photo Day,” But Lifetouch Says Upload Okay
- ALERT: FLORIDA PASSES 800,000 COVID-19 CASES