BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t ever underestimate the fraud detection system in place at the Boca Raton Apple Store. Whether a system called “iThinkYouAreUsingAFakeCreditCard” or just smart workers, we have reported several arrests at the store over the past several months.
The latest example: the arrests of 31 year old Tamara Augustin of Pembroke Pines and 20 year old Sherika Elisma of Deerfield Beach. They were taken into custody, police say, after the two wearing matching creme colored outfits tried to buy several Apple products at Boca’s Town Center Mall.
Augustin was charged with two counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
Elisma faces five counts of fraud and one count of larceny.
They were released on bond.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCAM? Cops Bust Contractor, Ask Potential Palm Beach County Victims To Call
- Man Pleads Guilty To Hacking iCloud Accounts In Florida Court
- Guilty Plea For Boca Raton Woman Charged With DUI After I-95 Crash
- SCARY VIDEO: Two Thugs Rob Domino’s Worker At Gunpoint Near Boca Raton
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued After Woman Allegedly Falls
- BOYNTON COPS: 11-Time Convicted Felon Charged With Shooting At Three
- Palm Beach County Schools Closed Friday
- Near Boca Raton, Man Dies Next To Dumpster — Cops Think Hit And Run
- Brianna Tanner, 20, Killed In Boca Raton Crash