BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A sure sign that the summer is coming to a close: today is move-in day at FAU, at least for Freshmen. If you are out and about in East Boca today, you may want to avoid Glades Road east of I-95 — FAU’s main entrance. There’s sure to be a fair amount of traffic havoc. More than 3700 new students, starting today, are calling FAU — and its surrounding area — home.
According to FAU:
“Move-In Day for the residence halls is one of the most exciting days of the year, rivaling only graduation,” said Jill Eckardt, director of housing and residential life. “Our staff has worked hard to prepare for the nearly 3,700 students to come to their new home away from home. Opening day is a time when freshmen begin a new phase of their lives, and their parents and families are excited to see their new place.”
Move-In Day for freshmen will take place on Wednesday, August 15, at 8 a.m. at FAU’s Boca Raton Campus, 777 Glades Road, and Thursday, August 16, at 8 a.m. for returning/transfer students. Move-In Day for FAU’s John D. MacArthur Campus, 5353 Parkside Drive in Jupiter, was held Tuesday, August 14.
“There will be nearly 500 volunteers from across the campus; students, staff and faculty who will assist students moving into the residence halls,” said Eckardt.
Have pics? Send them our way: news(at)bocanewsnow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly