BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District has no direct role in the upcoming Presidential debate set for Lynn University, but the School Board is still finding a way to put itself in the middle of the action. The Board is holding its August meeting at Lynn University to “stress the importance of education in our nation’s political system.”
“The final presidential debate before the election puts Palm Beach County squarely on the international map and is a great opportunity to showcase our county as a world-class destination, both for its beauty and for our top quality educational institutions,” said Frank Barbieri, Palm Beach County School Board Chairman. “Being able to give our students a once-in-a lifetime educational experience in their own backyard is an important civic duty for all of us.”
Note: It was just a few months ago that school leaders were promoting how great the district’s mediocre FCAT scores were.
In addition, the meeting will provide an opportunity for School Board members to learn about the debate-related educational activities that Lynn University and the school district have planned together.
Educational activities include:
· A K-12 Debate Curriculum for Education, has been developed to give students specific instruction, aligned with the state standards, on the historical and political perspectives of the American political system and the role of presidential debates. It is available for free download on the iPad through Apple iTunes U or through Lynn’s official debate website.
· This fall, students will participate in a mock debate in Lynn’s Wold Performing Arts Center, the same venue that the presidential candidates will use when they debate just weeks before the 2012 presidential election.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance