BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No word if Men Without Hats will be performing the Safety Dance, but Florida Atlantic University has declared September to be “safety month,” and is welcoming the public for a series of fun and educational safety events.
According to FAU:
Florida Atlantic University has designated September as Safety Month and has planned a series of events and activities at the Boca Raton, Broward and northern campuses. A Safety Fair, FAU’s largest Safety Month event, is scheduled for Thursday, September 13 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Breezeway, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus. More than 600 people are expected to attend the event.
The Fair will feature more than 60 tables of displays and demonstrations by a variety of vendors and organizations, including the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office (PBSO), FAU Police Department, Campus Recreation (Rec), FAU Student Health Services, FAU Environmental Health & Safety, Palm Beach County Department of Health, Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), American Lung Association, University Housing & Residential Life and FAU Office of Information Technology.
University Housing & Residential Life will sponsor giveaways at the event including safety whistles, yellow rain ponchos and key chains with flashing reflector lights; t-shirts will be sponsored by State Farm; and free food and drinks will be provided by FAU Business Services and Chartwells. This year’s theme, “Look Up – Look Down – Look All Around,” will focus on pedestrian safety with events and activities reminding students to be aware of their surroundings.
FAU’s faculty, staff and students are encouraged to participate in the Safety Fair’s many demonstrations and activities such as the FHP roll-over simulator and DUI goggles; fire extinguisher use and training; taking the Safety Pledge; PBSO’s “Operation Pill Drop;” and Campus Rec’s martial arts and self-defense demonstrations.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Man Tries To Kill Self On Florida Turnpike, Flips Car, Runs In Front Of Truck
- Major Crash Closes I-595 Access To Fort Lauderdale Airport, Tanker Overturns
- Man Left Gun Unattended That Two Year Old Used To Shoot Self, According To Cops
- PLANE CRASH: Victims Identified In Palm Beach County Crash As Young Woman, Older Man
- Dog In Boca Raton Movie Theater And Publix, Why Is This Allowed?
- Florida Tax Free Holiday Underway For Disaster Goods
- Toddler Shot, Killed In North Broward County
- Boca Raton Resident, Magazine Publisher Charged With Child Solicitation, Molestation
- Forecasters Still Watching System East Of Florida, Development Unlikely