BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if the absurd comments of Rep. Todd Akin will be a topic, but we do know that women will be honored Friday at a major event at Florida Atlantic University.
Here are the details:
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies will hold a Women’s Equality Day Celebration, celebrating 92 years of women’s voting rights, on Friday, August 24 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in FAU’s Engineering Building, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
The event will include exhibitors and networking beginning at 8:30 a.m. and a panel discussion at 9:30 a.m. Panelists include Susan Bucher, the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections; Pam Goodman, former vice president of the League of Women Voters; Josephine Beoku-Betts, director of FAU’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; Candace Britt, FAU Honors Student in the Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; and Thomas Burns of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud