BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if the absurd comments of Rep. Todd Akin will be a topic, but we do know that women will be honored Friday at a major event at Florida Atlantic University.
Here are the details:
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies will hold a Women’s Equality Day Celebration, celebrating 92 years of women’s voting rights, on Friday, August 24 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in FAU’s Engineering Building, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
The event will include exhibitors and networking beginning at 8:30 a.m. and a panel discussion at 9:30 a.m. Panelists include Susan Bucher, the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections; Pam Goodman, former vice president of the League of Women Voters; Josephine Beoku-Betts, director of FAU’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; Candace Britt, FAU Honors Student in the Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; and Thomas Burns of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud