BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We don’t know if the absurd comments of Rep. Todd Akin will be a topic, but we do know that women will be honored Friday at a major event at Florida Atlantic University.
Here are the details:
Florida Atlantic University’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies will hold a Women’s Equality Day Celebration, celebrating 92 years of women’s voting rights, on Friday, August 24 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in FAU’s Engineering Building, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton campus.
The event will include exhibitors and networking beginning at 8:30 a.m. and a panel discussion at 9:30 a.m. Panelists include Susan Bucher, the Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections; Pam Goodman, former vice president of the League of Women Voters; Josephine Beoku-Betts, director of FAU’s Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; Candace Britt, FAU Honors Student in the Center for Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies; and Thomas Burns of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Kids Are Testing Positive At Boca Raton Area Camps, What Does That Mean For School?
- Here’s How To Remove Your Child From Palm Beach County Schools
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF