BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The latest update from the National Weather Service indicates that Isaac — at least as far as Palm Beach County is concerned — is moving though and may very well be on its way by late this evening. The bulk of the rain and wind will likely impact us over the next several hours.
The next complete update is issued just before 5p by the National Hurricane Center, but until then, here is the mid-day update:
HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED IN THE HURRICANE WARNING AREA IN
SOUTHWEST FLORIDA AND THE FLORIDA KEYS TODAY.
TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS ARE OCCURRING IN THE TROPICAL
STORM WARNING AREA ALONG THE FLORIDA EAST COAST. TROPICAL STORM
CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD NORTHWARD ALONG THE WEST COAST OF
FLORIDA AND INTO THE EASTERN FLORIDA PANHANDLE IN THE TROPICAL
STORM WARNING AREA TONIGHT AND MONDAY.
HURRICANE CONDITIONS ARE POSSIBLE IN THE HURRICANE WATCH AREA ALONG
THE NORTHERN GULF COAST ON TUESDAY…WITH TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS
POSSIBLE BY MONDAY NIGHT.
STORM SURGE…THE COMBINATION OF A STORM SURGE AND THE TIDE WILL
CAUSE NORMALLY DRY AREAS NEAR THE COAST TO BE FLOODED BY RISING
WATERS. THE WATER COULD REACH THE FOLLOWING DEPTHS ABOVE GROUND IF
THE PEAK SURGE OCCURS AT THE TIME OF HIGH TIDE…
* CRYSTAL RIVER THROUGH THE BIG BEND OF FLORIDA…4 TO 7 FT
* SOUTHWEST FLORIDA COAST WITHIN HURRICANE WARNING AREA…4 TO 6 FT
* FLORIDA WEST COAST FROM BONITA BEACH TO SOUTH OF CRYSTAL RIVER
INCLUDING TAMPA BAY…3 TO 5 FT
* SOUTHEAST FLORIDA COAST AND THE FLORIDA KEYS…1 TO 3 FT
* CENTRAL AND EASTERN CUBA…1 TO 3 FT
* THE BAHAMAS…1 TO 3 FT
THE DEEPEST WATER WILL OCCUR ALONG THE IMMEDIATE COAST IN AREAS OF
ONSHORE FLOW. SURGE-RELATED FLOODING DEPENDS ON THE RELATIVE TIMING
OF THE SURGE AND THE TIDAL CYCLE…AND CAN VARY GREATLY OVER SHORT
DISTANCES. FOR INFORMATION SPECIFIC TO YOUR AREA…PLEASE SEE
PRODUCTS ISSUED BY YOUR LOCAL WEATHER SERVICE OFFICE. NEAR THE
COAST…THE SURGE WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY DANGEROUS WAVES.
TORNADOES…TORNADOES ARE POSSIBLE TODAY OVER CENTRAL AND SOUTHERN
FLORIDA…WITH THE GREATEST THREAT OVER SOUTHERN FLORIDA AND THE
SURF…DANGEROUS SURF AND RIP CURRENT CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE TO
AFFECT THE CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS…CENTRAL CUBA…THE
FLORIDA PENINSULA AND THE FLORIDA KEYS DURING THE NEXT COUPLE OF
DAYS. PLEASE CONSULT PRODUCTS FROM YOUR LOCAL WEATHER OFFICE FOR
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Senator Marco Rubio Talks TikTok, FAU With Andrew Colton on NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- WHOSE BODY WAS IN BURNING CAR? BROWARD COPS ASKING FOR TIPS
- GO OWLS! FAU’s Student Affairs VP Joins Andrew Colton On NewsRadio 610 WIOD
- Broward Crash Backs Up Traffic Into Boca Raton
- Rocco’s Tacos Delray Beach Ordered Closed By Health Inspector
- SECURITY ALERT: Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport Evacuated
- HAMMER TIME: Boca Raton Woman Allegedly Hits Husband On Head With Hammer
- Body Found On Side Of Palm Beach County Road, FHP Asks For Tips
- Body Found In North Broward Burning Car