BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you owe money from a traffic ticket or other legal matter, the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court's office is extending your deadline — but only if your money was due on Monday or Tuesday of this week.
Courts were closed as Tropical Storm Isaac impacted the area.
According to the Clerk's office:
Anyone required by law to pay a traffic ticket, file a notice of appeal or other court documents in criminal or civil courts such as family, probate and small claims while the Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller’s office was closed on Monday and Tuesday because of Tropical Storm Isaac has until 4 p.m. today to meet their deadlines.
Money that was due for deposit into the court registry, such as child support payments and rent, on Monday and Tuesday also can be deposited today by 4 p.m.
The Florida Supreme Court granted similar extensions to court-mandated deadlines after previous storm-related closings, such as after Hurricane Frances in 2004, and is expected to sign an order this week related to Tropical Storm Isaac.
For those who had court hearings on Monday or Tuesday, they will be notified by mail of a new hearing date.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- ALERT: TURNPIKE CLOSED, Major Crash South Of Glades Road
- Jewish Family Services In Palm Beach County Offers Hurricane Help To Seniors
- UPDATE: Man Killed In Shooting After Crash South Of Boca Raton
- OFFICIAL: Ocean One Grille Delray Has Flying Insect, “Mold-Like Substance” Problem
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach