BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you owe money from a traffic ticket or other legal matter, the Palm Beach County Clerk of Court's office is extending your deadline — but only if your money was due on Monday or Tuesday of this week.
Courts were closed as Tropical Storm Isaac impacted the area.
According to the Clerk's office:
Anyone required by law to pay a traffic ticket, file a notice of appeal or other court documents in criminal or civil courts such as family, probate and small claims while the Palm Beach County Clerk & Comptroller’s office was closed on Monday and Tuesday because of Tropical Storm Isaac has until 4 p.m. today to meet their deadlines.
Money that was due for deposit into the court registry, such as child support payments and rent, on Monday and Tuesday also can be deposited today by 4 p.m.
The Florida Supreme Court granted similar extensions to court-mandated deadlines after previous storm-related closings, such as after Hurricane Frances in 2004, and is expected to sign an order this week related to Tropical Storm Isaac.
For those who had court hearings on Monday or Tuesday, they will be notified by mail of a new hearing date.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K