BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A bank robber caught on camera is hiding from law enforcement tonight as Boca Raton Police are sharing his image and a look at his getaway car. It happened just before closing at the PNC Bank at 1401 North Federal Highway.
According to police:
Bank employees told officers that a male entered the bank and approached a teller. The suspect pointed a long barreled revolver at a teller and demanded the money in her drawer. The suspect threatened to shoot the teller if she didn’t comply with his demands. The teller handed the suspect an undetermined amount of cash and he walked out of the bank. The suspect got into the driver side of a dark four door vehicle, possibly a Honda Civic and left west on NE 14th Street. No one was injured.
The suspect is described as a white male, in his mid 30’s, about 6’0 tall and medium build, with facial hair. The suspect was wearing a white shirt with writing on it, plaid shorts, a dark baseball cap with a bandana underneath it. If any has information about this crime, they are asked to call Detective Jeff Stepp at (561) 620-6196 or Palm Beach County Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
Suspect Description: White male, late 20’s to mid 30’s
Appx. 6’0 tall, 175-185 pounds
Scruffy facial hair, wearing a bandana
Under a dark baseball cap
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Center Sues High End Clothing Shop Over $119,000 In Back Rent
- FLORIDA WEATHER: Cold In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, South Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Superintendent Tells Parents Nothing Will Change Second Semester
- WHERE IS SHE? Boca Police Looking For Marilyn Ruddy
- Jewish Family Services In Boca Donated 500 Meals For Thanksgiving
- Chick-fil-A To Open In West Boca Raton, Will Feed 100 Local Heroes Free For A Year
- FLORIDA: DeSantis Says Lockdowns Do Nothing, Social Distancing Not Needed, State Hits 999,319 Infections
- DESANTIS: VIRTUAL LEARNING TO CONTINUE SPRING SEMESTER
- Palm Beach Schools Return With 785 COVID-19 Cases Logged So Far