BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We certainly hope the weather remains great for outdoor plans throughout the area on this Labor Day, but the National Weather Service says there is a very real chance of very strong storms this afternoon.
Here is the just-issued mid-morning update from the National Weather Service:
…STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS TODAY…
…FLOOD WARNING EAST CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED
ACROSS THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS OF SOUTH FLORIDA
TODAY. THE MAIN IMPACT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LOCALLY HEAVY
RAIN, FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, GUSTY WINDS, AND HAIL.
WINDS: WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE THE INTERIOR
AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS TODAY WITH THE STRONGEST STORMS.
HAIL: NICKEL SIZE TO EVEN QUARTER SIZE HAIL IS ALSO POSSIBLE WITH
THE STRONGEST STORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS
SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY.
FLOODING: ALTHOUGH SOME AREAS HAVE IMPROVED OVER THE PAST FEW
DAYS…FLOODING CONTINUES ACROSS PORTIONS OF EAST CENTRAL PALM BEACH
COUNTY…ESPECIALLY IN LOXAHATCHEE GROVES AREA. AS A RESULT…THE
FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THIS AREA.
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE
ATLANTIC BEACHES DUE TO EASTERLY ONSHORE WINDS.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS AFFECTING PRIMARILY THE INTERIOR AND EAST
CAN BE EXPECTED. THERE WILL ALSO BE AN INCREASE IN THE RISK OF RIP
CURRENTS ALONG THE WEST COAST BEACHES OF SOUTH FLORIDA THROUGH THE
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance