BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We certainly hope the weather remains great for outdoor plans throughout the area on this Labor Day, but the National Weather Service says there is a very real chance of very strong storms this afternoon.
Here is the just-issued mid-morning update from the National Weather Service:
…STRONG STORMS POSSIBLE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS TODAY…
…FLOOD WARNING EAST CENTRAL PALM BEACH COUNTY…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS: ISOLATED TO SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED
ACROSS THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS OF SOUTH FLORIDA
TODAY. THE MAIN IMPACT FROM THESE STORMS WILL BE LOCALLY HEAVY
RAIN, FREQUENT LIGHTNING STRIKES, GUSTY WINDS, AND HAIL.
WINDS: WIND GUSTS UP TO 50 MPH ARE POSSIBLE OVER THE THE INTERIOR
AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS TODAY WITH THE STRONGEST STORMS.
HAIL: NICKEL SIZE TO EVEN QUARTER SIZE HAIL IS ALSO POSSIBLE WITH
THE STRONGEST STORMS OVER THE INTERIOR AND EAST COAST METRO AREAS
SOUTH FLORIDA TODAY.
FLOODING: ALTHOUGH SOME AREAS HAVE IMPROVED OVER THE PAST FEW
DAYS…FLOODING CONTINUES ACROSS PORTIONS OF EAST CENTRAL PALM BEACH
COUNTY…ESPECIALLY IN LOXAHATCHEE GROVES AREA. AS A RESULT…THE
FLOOD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FOR THIS AREA.
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A SLIGHT RISK OF RIP CURRENTS AT THE
ATLANTIC BEACHES DUE TO EASTERLY ONSHORE WINDS.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN…TUESDAY THROUGH SUNDAY
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS AFFECTING PRIMARILY THE INTERIOR AND EAST
CAN BE EXPECTED. THERE WILL ALSO BE AN INCREASE IN THE RISK OF RIP
CURRENTS ALONG THE WEST COAST BEACHES OF SOUTH FLORIDA THROUGH THE
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud