BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Dr. Howard Sonderling, unquestionably one of the leading and most respected Gastroenterologists in South Florida, is helping a woman celebrate her 50th birthday by performing a colonoscopy on her and four of her friends.
Read on for specifics from Dr. Sonderling's office.
Susan Ruby is turning 50 this September. Susan knew that screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50, but figured she had a whole year to delay scheduling an appointment. Then recently, 2 of her friends were diagnosed with colon cancer and suddenly, waiting didn’t seem like such a good idea. She made an appointment with her Digestive CARE physician, Dr. Howard Sonderling, to discuss scheduling a colonoscopy.
Susan took it a step further. She didn’t want her friends waiting either, so Susan declared that this year, her birthday gift to herself was a birthday party, complete with balloons and a cake, at a surgery center getting screened for colon cancer along with 4 of her closest friends. “Nobody likes to think about having this procedure, but I didn’t want people I cared about putting it off any longer. I wanted to make this a fun, positive event that celebrated staying healthy together,” said Susan.
The ‘birthday party’ colonoscopies will all be performed on a single day and Dr. Sonderling is delighted that patients like Susan are taking this important step in protecting their health. “Colon cancer kills more than 55,000 people each year, and it’s all preventable,” said Dr. Sonderling. “All colon cancer, we believe, begins as benign polyps, and in theory, if we caught every one of those polyps, we could eliminate colon cancer.”
To make an appointment with Dr. Howard Sonderling, simply telephone 561-208-2121.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?