BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Dr. Howard Sonderling, unquestionably one of the leading and most respected Gastroenterologists in South Florida, is helping a woman celebrate her 50th birthday by performing a colonoscopy on her and four of her friends.
Read on for specifics from Dr. Sonderling's office.
Susan Ruby is turning 50 this September. Susan knew that screening for colon cancer should begin at age 50, but figured she had a whole year to delay scheduling an appointment. Then recently, 2 of her friends were diagnosed with colon cancer and suddenly, waiting didn’t seem like such a good idea. She made an appointment with her Digestive CARE physician, Dr. Howard Sonderling, to discuss scheduling a colonoscopy.
Susan took it a step further. She didn’t want her friends waiting either, so Susan declared that this year, her birthday gift to herself was a birthday party, complete with balloons and a cake, at a surgery center getting screened for colon cancer along with 4 of her closest friends. “Nobody likes to think about having this procedure, but I didn’t want people I cared about putting it off any longer. I wanted to make this a fun, positive event that celebrated staying healthy together,” said Susan.
The ‘birthday party’ colonoscopies will all be performed on a single day and Dr. Sonderling is delighted that patients like Susan are taking this important step in protecting their health. “Colon cancer kills more than 55,000 people each year, and it’s all preventable,” said Dr. Sonderling. “All colon cancer, we believe, begins as benign polyps, and in theory, if we caught every one of those polyps, we could eliminate colon cancer.”
To make an appointment with Dr. Howard Sonderling, simply telephone 561-208-2121.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom