BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — It is tough being a lobster, even in Boca Raton. You're swimming around happily one minute, the next you find yourself in a tank with your friends and little kids pointing at you with a never ending request for a “clean up in Aisle 4.” All the while, you know that the grab of death is soon approaching, as you are bagged, tagged, and put into a pot of boiling water.
Then, someone reaches in and takes you. You assume that this is it — the end — when you suddenly see daylight, and cars, and hear traffic. It's not the ocean, but you assume it can't be far away.
Yes, the life of a lobster. At least the life of one lobster at the Publix on North Federal Highway, where a Publix manager called police after someone attempted to steal him — and some of his friends.
According to police, a man stole nearly $73 worth of lobster and fled the Publix, only to be chased by the store's manager. The lobster chase continued down the street, when the suspect turned around and gave the manager his live lobsters, then continued to run.
Police looked for the lobster thief but found no one matching his description.
The lobsters — believing they were enroute to the ocean, and freedom — would only sarcastically say, “tanks for the memory” when asked about their ordeal.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County
- Boynton Police Nab Juvenile Attacker, Ask For Other Victims To Come Forward
- Water Rescue At Kings Point After Man Falls In Lake