UPDATE FRIDAY 1:02p: Click here for an update to this story.
UPDATE 5P: The situation has been resolved. Police tell us they are clearing the scene.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are right now handling the very delicate situation of a man suffering some sort of a mental issue in New Floresta.
He has barricaded himself in his home.
SWAT is on the scene and trying to work with the man to peacefully resolve the situation.
Police do not believe there are hostages, but say there may be weapons in the home.
St. Andrews Blvd. remains open, however, New Floresta — which is between Glades and Yamato on St. Andrews — is busy with police activity. Access is extremely limited.
We will update as the story develops. If you live in New Floresta and can snap a photograph of the police without interfering, please email it to us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Fire Rescue To Hold Bone Marrow Drive For Sick Girl
- Now 179 COVID Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Boca Realtor Punches Boyfriend In Face, Jailed
- VIDEO: No Masks At “One11 Boca Raton” Nightclub Party
- COVID FLORIDA: 3,361 New Infections Logged, Palm Beach County Positivity Passes 6 Percent
- UPDATE: West Delray Woman Offered To Sell Special Services To Cop
- PSAT At Spanish River High: Parents, Staffers Fear Super-Spreader Event
- Parents Sending Sick Kids To School In Palm Beach County
- Zeta To Become Hurricane, Still On Gulf Coast Track