UPDATE FRIDAY 1:02p: Click here for an update to this story.
UPDATE 5P: The situation has been resolved. Police tell us they are clearing the scene.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca Raton Police are right now handling the very delicate situation of a man suffering some sort of a mental issue in New Floresta.
He has barricaded himself in his home.
SWAT is on the scene and trying to work with the man to peacefully resolve the situation.
Police do not believe there are hostages, but say there may be weapons in the home.
St. Andrews Blvd. remains open, however, New Floresta — which is between Glades and Yamato on St. Andrews — is busy with police activity. Access is extremely limited.
We will update as the story develops. If you live in New Floresta and can snap a photograph of the police without interfering, please email it to us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance