BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you ever question whether that contractor really is who he says he is, go with your gut instinct: don't let him in and call the police.
Residents on Cocoanut Lane in Boca were met by two alleged FPL contractors who said they needed to see the property line — and gain access to the house — in order to install a new transformer.
While the residents walked with one of the men to property line, another alleged rifled through the garage and was about to gain access to the house when the homeowner caught on and kicked them out. The men sped off in a Mercedes.
No arrests yet, and we are unclear what was taken, but these men were not FPL employees. While you can always call FPL to verify employment, the fastest — safest — move is unquestionably to call the police before letting someone in your home.
FPL workers wear photo ID.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Jewish Man Ordered Off Delta Flight From Fort Lauderdale To NYC Over Hat
- MAN SAYS HE WAS SHOT IN HEAD BEHIND AURA APARTMENTS IN BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Woman Charged With Neglect After Toddler Abused, Images Uploaded
- Boca Raton Man Tries To Avoid, But Kills, Hollywood Man Illegally Crossing Street
- TRAFFIC ALERT: I-95 SHUT SOUTHBOUND IN BROWARD COUNTY
- UPDATE: DOUBLE FATAL CRASH IN WEST BOCA RATON MAY HAVE BEEN DUI RELATED
- Boca Raton Police Investigate Overnight Shooting Behind Aura
- TWO KILLED IN CRASH ON 441 AT KIMBERLY BLVD. IN WEST BOCA RATON
- Delray Beach Man Charged With Playing With His Jalapeño In Chipotle Parking Lot