UPDATE: This is now a fatal accident. Click here for the latest.
We have identified the victim as Paul Marino of Boca Raton.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major accident created traffic havoc in east Boca Raton this afternoon when a driver of a Hummer H3 rear ended a Palm Tran bus. Five people were injured, including the H3 driver who was rushed to Delray Medical Center as a trauma patient.
His condition was not immediately available.
BocaNewsNow.com was on the scene just minutes after the accident happened shortly 3pm on US1 NE 25th terrace. That’s north of Glades Road, near the Pollo Tropical and FedEx Office location.
Traffic southbound was blocked for quite some time.
No charges have been filed at this time, although the investigation continues.
Both the H3, and the Palm Tran bus, were seriously damaged.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates on BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI