UPDATE: This is now a fatal accident. Click here for the latest.
We have identified the victim as Paul Marino of Boca Raton.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major accident created traffic havoc in east Boca Raton this afternoon when a driver of a Hummer H3 rear ended a Palm Tran bus. Five people were injured, including the H3 driver who was rushed to Delray Medical Center as a trauma patient.
His condition was not immediately available.
BocaNewsNow.com was on the scene just minutes after the accident happened shortly 3pm on US1 NE 25th terrace. That’s north of Glades Road, near the Pollo Tropical and FedEx Office location.
Traffic southbound was blocked for quite some time.
No charges have been filed at this time, although the investigation continues.
Both the H3, and the Palm Tran bus, were seriously damaged.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates on BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation