UPDATE: This is now a fatal accident. Click here for the latest.
We have identified the victim as Paul Marino of Boca Raton.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major accident created traffic havoc in east Boca Raton this afternoon when a driver of a Hummer H3 rear ended a Palm Tran bus. Five people were injured, including the H3 driver who was rushed to Delray Medical Center as a trauma patient.
His condition was not immediately available.
BocaNewsNow.com was on the scene just minutes after the accident happened shortly 3pm on US1 NE 25th terrace. That’s north of Glades Road, near the Pollo Tropical and FedEx Office location.
Traffic southbound was blocked for quite some time.
No charges have been filed at this time, although the investigation continues.
Both the H3, and the Palm Tran bus, were seriously damaged.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates on BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEATHTOBER FLORIDA: State, Palm Beach County COVID Deaths, Infections Climbing Again
- UPDATE: Parents MUST Choose Distance or In-Person Within Days For PBC Schools
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Heavy Rain For Days, Flood Watch Through Sunday
- TRAFFIC: Palm Beach County Projects Slow The Go, See Them All Here
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom