UPDATE: This is now a fatal accident. Click here for the latest.
We have identified the victim as Paul Marino of Boca Raton.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A major accident created traffic havoc in east Boca Raton this afternoon when a driver of a Hummer H3 rear ended a Palm Tran bus. Five people were injured, including the H3 driver who was rushed to Delray Medical Center as a trauma patient.
His condition was not immediately available.
BocaNewsNow.com was on the scene just minutes after the accident happened shortly 3pm on US1 NE 25th terrace. That’s north of Glades Road, near the Pollo Tropical and FedEx Office location.
Traffic southbound was blocked for quite some time.
No charges have been filed at this time, although the investigation continues.
Both the H3, and the Palm Tran bus, were seriously damaged.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates on BocaNewsNow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Pediatrician Michael Mizrachy Ordered Away From Children
- Big COVID Spike In Palm Beach County Schools
- Following Record Death Day, 418 Now Hospitalized With COVID In Palm Beach Co.
- DEADLY DAY: Florida Records Record 217 COVID Deaths
- Broward County Announces COVID-19 Vaccine Site
- BREAKING: Boca Fire To Offer COVID Shots, Just 200 Available
- Cool, Wet Weather For South Florida
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Inhaling Dangerous Chemicals
- SO MANY DEAD: Florida Loses 1,079 To COVID In One Week