BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com was on the scene minutes after a Hummer H3 rear ended a Palm Tran bus at 2499 North Federal Highway Monday afternoon.
We have just learned that the driver of the H3, 49 year old Paul Marino of Boca Raton, died shortly after being rushed to Delray Beach Medical Center.
Police tell us that Palm Tran bus was stopped — unloading passengers — when Marino apparently rear ended the bus with significant force.
BocaNewsNow.com saw a victim on the ground, by the driver's side of the H3, as fire rescue arrived at the scene. That victim was immediately placed on a stretcher and rushed to an ambulance.
The front of the H3, considered to be a well-built, strong vehicle, was torn to shreds after impact. Its bumper littered the street, surrounded by other car debris.
Anyone with more information regarding the fatal accident is asked to call Boca Police Traffic Homicide Investigator Michael Daly at 561-620-6081.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K