NORTH LAUDERDALE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — While the greater Fort Lauderdale area is a little out of our normal coverage zone, the drowning of a three year old boy is the sort of story that hits home for anyone who has children and a pool.
Broward Sheriff’s detectives tell us that 3-year-old Metzden Cenord had apparently asked his mother — who was napping — if he could visit a grandparent in another room of the house in North Lauderdale. The mother said yes and apparently saw him walk towards that room.
She went back to sleep.
But, detectives say, the grandparent was also asleep which meant the child was unsupervised.
He went out a sliding glass door and ended up in the pool.
An uncle later found the boys shoes floating on the surface. He jumped in the pool and pulled the non-responsive child out. He was rushed to Coral Springs Medical Center where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Editor’s Note: Whether a pool fence, a retractable screen, or even pool alarm, please make sure your children are safe and never left unsupervised near a swimming pool.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center