BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach man was killed in a Wednesday night accident on I-95, just south of Congress Avenue.
Florida Highway Patrol says 29-year-old Steve Kyle Rist apparently exited a vehicle stopped on I-95 around 10:35 last night and staggered into traffic. He was struck and killed by an oncoming 2011 Honda SUV. The Honda's driver sustained no injuries.
Rist, who lived in the 800 block of North Andrew's Avenue in Delray Beach, died on the scene. Investigators have yet to determine whether Rist was under the influence of any substance.
No charges have been filed against the driver of the Honda.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K