BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach man was killed in a Wednesday night accident on I-95, just south of Congress Avenue.
Florida Highway Patrol says 29-year-old Steve Kyle Rist apparently exited a vehicle stopped on I-95 around 10:35 last night and staggered into traffic. He was struck and killed by an oncoming 2011 Honda SUV. The Honda's driver sustained no injuries.
Rist, who lived in the 800 block of North Andrew's Avenue in Delray Beach, died on the scene. Investigators have yet to determine whether Rist was under the influence of any substance.
No charges have been filed against the driver of the Honda.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Pepper Sprays Husband As He Disciplines Daughter
- Mizner Park Tenants Sued For Unpaid Rent, Now Planet Blue Faces Eviction
- Police Seek Deerfield Beach Man Wanted For Manslaughter
- Delray Beach Woman Flees Police After Crash, Then Crashes Into Dumpster and Fire Hydrant
- REAL ESTATE WARNING: FAU Professor Says U.S. Housing Market Peaking, South Florida Overvalued
- FLORIDA COVID: State Adds 10,699 New Coronavirus Cases, 98 Deaths
- NO SCHOOL FRIDAY: Palm Beach County Public Schools Closed For Students
- Palm Beach Schools Added 84 COVID Cases Since Thanksgiving Break
- New Jersey Man Jailed, Allegedly Punched Boca Man On Federal Highway