BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A Delray Beach man was killed in a Wednesday night accident on I-95, just south of Congress Avenue.
Florida Highway Patrol says 29-year-old Steve Kyle Rist apparently exited a vehicle stopped on I-95 around 10:35 last night and staggered into traffic. He was struck and killed by an oncoming 2011 Honda SUV. The Honda's driver sustained no injuries.
Rist, who lived in the 800 block of North Andrew's Avenue in Delray Beach, died on the scene. Investigators have yet to determine whether Rist was under the influence of any substance.
No charges have been filed against the driver of the Honda.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies