DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Medical Center — the hospital with a trauma center you hope you never need but are glad it's there if you do — is celebrating its 30th anniversary. Events have been ongoing throughout the month to celebrate the hospital that was once small, but has now become a centerpiece of medical care throughout the region.
According to the hospital:
Originally named Delray Community Hospital, it began as a 160-bed facility and was seen as innovative right from the beginning with its “campus concept,” allowing patients to take advantage of various services in one central location. This broke the mold of what a traditional acute care hospital provided. When it opened on October 4, 1982, it had 700 employees and 195 physicians with two operating rooms.
Renamed Delray Medical Center in 1996 to note its expanded services, it has developed into a thriving 42-acre campus with 493 licensed beds, 1,600 employees, and over 600 physicians. The hospital has also become known for its range of specialized services including a provisional level one trauma center, a center for advanced orthopedics, and a state designated comprehensive stroke center.
For Delray Medical Center, awards and national recognition has become a mainstay. For the past six years, it has been named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals as well as being one of only 269 hospitals ranked in the top 5% in the nation for patient outcomes by Healthgrades, a leading independent healthcare ratings organization. In addition to its award-winning services, Delray Medical Center has been fully committed to community outreach programs including sponsoring local events, community lectures and fundraisers.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Person Dies In Boca Raton Crash, Victim Name Withheld By Police Claiming Marsy’s Law
- BOCA RUDETON: No, That’s Not A Parking Space In Front Of Publix
- Boca West Country Club Sues Homeowner Over Unpaid Dues
- Area Motorcyclist Crashes, Dies On Operating Room Table
- Women From Boca Raton, Delray Beach Victimized On St. Patrick’s Day
- MAJOR TRAFFIC INCIDENT: Turnpike Completely Shut In Area Of Hard Rock Stadium
- In Fort Lauderdale, Vegans More Important Than Handicapped, Elderly, Infirm
- UPDATE: SHOOTING VICTIM FOUND ON FLORIDA TURNPIKE IN BOCA RATON
- DOGS IN SUPERMARKETS! Boca Rudeton Is Back With Dogs In Stores