DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Medical Center — the hospital with a trauma center you hope you never need but are glad it's there if you do — is celebrating its 30th anniversary. Events have been ongoing throughout the month to celebrate the hospital that was once small, but has now become a centerpiece of medical care throughout the region.
According to the hospital:
Originally named Delray Community Hospital, it began as a 160-bed facility and was seen as innovative right from the beginning with its “campus concept,” allowing patients to take advantage of various services in one central location. This broke the mold of what a traditional acute care hospital provided. When it opened on October 4, 1982, it had 700 employees and 195 physicians with two operating rooms.
Renamed Delray Medical Center in 1996 to note its expanded services, it has developed into a thriving 42-acre campus with 493 licensed beds, 1,600 employees, and over 600 physicians. The hospital has also become known for its range of specialized services including a provisional level one trauma center, a center for advanced orthopedics, and a state designated comprehensive stroke center.
For Delray Medical Center, awards and national recognition has become a mainstay. For the past six years, it has been named one of America’s 50 Best Hospitals as well as being one of only 269 hospitals ranked in the top 5% in the nation for patient outcomes by Healthgrades, a leading independent healthcare ratings organization. In addition to its award-winning services, Delray Medical Center has been fully committed to community outreach programs including sponsoring local events, community lectures and fundraisers.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County: Free COVID-19 Testing Available
- READ THE REPORT: New York Governor Andrew Cuomo Sexually Harassed Multiple Women
- Are Boca, Delray Restaurant Workers Wearing Masks? Tell Us, Others
- Woman, Three Times Legal Limit, Asks Boca PD To Help Her Get To Hawaii
- Parents Outraged, Fearful That Palm Beach Schools Won’t Mandate Masks
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance