BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Chalk up another one — or three — for Boca Raton PD's Tactical Team whose members thought something didn't look quite right, and turned out to be correct. Cops busted three non-residents who said they came to Boca to rob cars.
Read on for the official rundown from Boca Police:
On Tuesday, October 9, at around 12:30 p.m., members of the Boca Raton Police Department’s Tactical Team were patrolling the local gym and shopping plaza parking lots, when they observed a two-door, silver Chevrolet driving slowly through the lots, catching an officer’s attention.
The officer followed the vehicle and stopped it in the 400 block of North Ocean Boulevard. When the officer approached the driver, Darius Jones, he immediately detected an odor of marijuana emanating from inside the car. Officers also saw marijuana scattered throughout the car. Officers also spoke to the front passenger, Patrick Moore, and the rear passenger, Chanel Spikes. Jones told officers they had rolled and smoked a marijuana joint on the drive to Boca Raton.
All three originally told officers they went to a Mobil station on Yamato Road and then drove straight to the beach. When officers told them where they had seen them, Jones and Spikes admitted to coming to Boca Raton to burglarize cars. Officers searched the car and found a window punch concealed inside the car.
Officers arrested all three and charged them with loitering and prowling and possession of marijuana. Moore was also charged with possession of burglary tools and violation of probation.
Arrested: Patrick Moore, DOB 4/18/92, Fort Lauderdale; Darius Jones, DOB 12/20/83, Fort Lauderdale; Chanel Spikes, DOB 1/18/93, Coral Springs.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School
- Boca Raton Man Claims 800-Pack-Rat Sold His Stuff When Credit Card Expired
- Florida Teachers Slam DeSantis, Call On Him To Listen To Medical Professionals
- BREAKING: Palm Beach County Reinstates Mandatory Masking In Public Buildings
- SCARED SCHOOL BOARD: We Obtain Private Email From Member Fearing Gov. DeSantis
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog