BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Loggers Run Middle School Teacher Julie Gates has been named Florida's Teacher of the Year for Social Studies.
The award will be given to Mrs. Gates during a meeting of the Florida Council For The Social Studies on October 27, 2012 in Orlando. Loggers' Run Principal Francis Giblin and Mrs. Gates' family will be in attendance at the award reception.
“Mrs. Gates is an amazing person, a great teacher and example for her students and peers here at Loggers' Run. I am very proud of her accomplishment and thank the Council for recognizing her contributions to education,” said Mr. Giblin.
In addition to being Social Studies department chair, Mrs. Gates also takes on many additional responsibilities at Loggers' Run and within Palm Beach County. Some of these activities include running the Middle School Course Recovery Program, National Junior Honor Society, District 16 representative on the Florida Council For The Social Studies, and school liaison for Relay for Life.
Mrs. Gates stated: “All I do for the kids, school and community comes from my heart but I am honored and really appreciate being recognized for my efforts.”
One of the goals of the School District of Palm Beach County is to cultivate a qualified and highly effective workforce. According to research, teacher’s effectiveness is a key factor that contributes to student achievement.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud