BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — If you’re heading to the beach today, enjoy the gorgeous weather but be aware that the winds are leading to significant riptide activity.
Here’s the update from the National Weather Service:
…HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ATLANTIC BEACHES…
…MINOR COASTAL FLOODING, BEACH EROSION POSSIBLE ATLANTIC COAST…
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR SOUTH FLORIDA.
.DAY ONE…TODAY AND TONIGHT
RIP CURRENTS: THERE IS A HIGH RISK OF RIP CURRENTS ALONG THE
ATLANTIC BEACHES DUE TO STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS. STRONG RIP CURRENTS
WILL DEVELOP, LEADING TO DANGEROUS SWIMMING CONDITIONS.
THUNDERSTORMS: THERE IS A SLIGHT CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS ACROSS
MAINLY THE ATLANTIC COASTAL AREAS AND ADJACENT WATERS THIS
EVENING. THE MAIN IMPACTS WILL BE GUSTY WINDS TO NEAR 40 MPH AND
WIND: SUSTAINED WINDS OF AROUND 25 MPH ARE EXPECTED TODAY ACROSS
THE ATLANTIC WATERS AND ACROSS BISCAYNE BAY. WINDS ARE FORECAST TO
SLOWLY SUBSIDE AS THE DAY PROGRESSES.
FLOODING: MINOR COASTAL FLOODING ALONG BOTH THE BAY SIDE AND
OCEAN SIDE OF THE BARRIER ISLANDS OF THE ATLANTIC COAST WILL BE
POSSIBLE DUE TO HIGHER THAN NORMAL ASTRONOMICAL TIDES COMBINED
WITH STRONG ONSHORE WINDS.
WAVES: SEAS OF 7 TO 9 FEET ARE FORECAST FOR THE GULF STREAM
WATERS TODAY AND ARE FORECAST TO SLOWLY SUBSIDE LATER TODAY AND
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach