BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — In what is becoming a frequent crime of convenience throughout the area, a woman reportedly had her credit cards stolen after leaving her purse on the front seat of her car while she played tennis at the Racquet Center on St. Andrew's Blvd.
This facility is run by the City of Boca Raton.
According to police, it happened in broad daylight — between 9:30 and 11 in the morning. Someone smashed out the victim's front passenger window and stole the purse which was on the floor of the car.
The credit cards were used at 11:14 in the morning at an unknown Chevron station.
This is almost identical to a theft BocaNewsNow.com reported a few weeks ago at Get Ready Set Grow Academy on Jog Road in Delray Beach. In that smash and grab, an unknown person waited for a woman to take her toddler into the school — in a gated parking lot — to smash out the front passenger window and steal her purse. Those credit cards were also used minutes later at a nearby gas station.
Police encourage you to take your valuables with you — especially credit cards and drivers license. Having both gives a thief almost complete access to your life.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month
- COVID PROBLEMS FLORIDA: Hospitalizations Surging Again
- Staten Island Woman Jailed In Delray Beach
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified