BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Getting into the pre-Presidential Debate spirit at Lynn University, AT&T conducted a survey to determine if voting from smartphones or tablets is something that younger voters would like to do.
No surprise, the answer is yes. 58-percent of those surveyed at the school said they'd vote with a mobile device if it were in option.
According to AT&T:
With tablets in hand, 25 students enrolled in an undergraduate course on campaigns in the 21st century surveyed more than 10% of the Lynn student population – all during class time in the Boca Raton campus. In using the tablets over the AT&T 4G network, students had the flexibility to leave their desks and prove the political theories they were learning. No longer was it a professor-student experience, but a mobile learning process that tapped a larger community.
Led by Assistant Professor Stephanie Jackson, the class is part of a debate-focused curriculum as Lynn University prepares to host the last presidential debate Oct. 22. “It’s one thing to stand in front of the classroom and say, ‘Yes, this is important.’ It’s an entirely other thing for these students to look at the numbers of their peers, and their peers saying, ‘This is significant. This is how I’m using social media,’” Professor Jackson said.
Some of the survey results include:
· 79 percent of Lynn University students are more likely to vote in November because they follow a presidential candidate on Twitter or Facebook.
· 93 percent said it is important for presidential candidates to use social media to connect with the public.
· 87 percent said it is “somewhat important” or “very important” to discuss political or public issues via social media.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, Alan Gershberg In Custody
- Glades Road Entrance, Exit Closed All Weekend For Turnpike
- Boca Raton Man Arrested Six Times, Now For DUI
- Parkland Man Shot, Killed By Police Identified
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct