BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a planned rally by President Obama on Tuesday morning at the Delray Beach Tennis Center — hours after the debate in Boca Raton — will create traffic havoc along Atlantic Avenue and possibly make access to the South County Courthouse next to impossible.
More than 8,000 people are expected for the 9:45 event. Doors open at 8a.
Attorneys throughout the area received emails Friday warning of possible disruptions on Tuesday morning for the first hearings of the day. But as of Friday evening, the schedule at the South County Courthouse remains unchanged.
Some are expecting traffic to be “nightmarish” on Atlantic Avenue and all area feeder roads, including Jog, Military Trail and I-95. A normal morning on Atlantic Avenue is bad. Add a Presidential Motorcade, Secret Service, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies and Delray Beach Police with at least 8,000 attendees and a standstill is likely.
BocaNewsNow.com has asked the Clerk's office for guidance. We will pass it on when it is received.
The Tennis Center is located at 200 West Atlantic Avenue.
FOR THE LATEST ON THE DEBATE, CLICK HERE.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BUILDING COLLAPSE: List Of Everyone Who Owns In Champlain Towers
- Man Critically Injured At Boca Raton Wyndham Hotel, Sues
- MIAMI BEACH CONDO COLLAPSE: Rumors Spreading, Officials Say “Stop”
- National Hurricane Center: Tropical Depression Likely To Form
- I-95 In Boca Raton To Close Overnight Tonight
- Second DUI Arrest In Three Months For Boca’s Brooklyn Berman
- UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Respond To Shooting But Still Know Nothing
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wave Watching Continues, Another Expected To Form
- Delray Beach Father And Son Charged In Boynton Shooting, Witness Threat