BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a planned rally by President Obama on Tuesday morning at the Delray Beach Tennis Center — hours after the debate in Boca Raton — will create traffic havoc along Atlantic Avenue and possibly make access to the South County Courthouse next to impossible.
More than 8,000 people are expected for the 9:45 event. Doors open at 8a.
Attorneys throughout the area received emails Friday warning of possible disruptions on Tuesday morning for the first hearings of the day. But as of Friday evening, the schedule at the South County Courthouse remains unchanged.
Some are expecting traffic to be “nightmarish” on Atlantic Avenue and all area feeder roads, including Jog, Military Trail and I-95. A normal morning on Atlantic Avenue is bad. Add a Presidential Motorcade, Secret Service, Palm Beach County Sheriff's Deputies and Delray Beach Police with at least 8,000 attendees and a standstill is likely.
BocaNewsNow.com has asked the Clerk's office for guidance. We will pass it on when it is received.
The Tennis Center is located at 200 West Atlantic Avenue.
FOR THE LATEST ON THE DEBATE, CLICK HERE.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center
- BREAKING: Man Shot In Head Just South Of Boca Raton, Search Underway
- REWARD: Fatal Shooting South Of Boca Raton, Who Is The Killer?
- WEATHER ALERT: Thunderstorms Moving Into Boca Raton
- LAWSUIT: OFFICE DEPOT SPAMMED CUSTOMERS
- WE ASK: What’s Your Experience With “PackMy RX”?
- Second DUI Arrest In Weeks For Delray Beach’s Scott Fisher
- BABY FORMULA: United Way Offers “Food Finder” Map In Palm Beach County