BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We know that BocaNewsNow.com is the talk of the town, reaching a half million page views in a short period of time and likely cutting into the readership of papers like the Palm Beach Post.
But for the Post to flatter us by copying the theme of one of our stories — days after we published it — is such an admission of defeat for the old print newspaper that we just had to mention it here.
In an article published Thursday, BocaNewsNow.com explored the confusion and concern of area Jews in determining which candidate best represented their views, faith and beliefs in the days before the debate at Lynn University. Our article is here. Three days later, on Sunday evening, the Palm Beach Post published a similar article on its website by writer John Lantigua.
And while it could be coincidental, the article appeared after the Palm Beach Post’s Internet server — Cox Communications — appeared in our visitor’s log.
Many outlets reporting similar stories is nothing new, especially for breaking news. But when stories are “enterprised” — or created from scratch based on a reporter’s observation or idea — it is rare that another outlet would follow suit.
So we make this offer to the Palm Beach Post and Cox Newspapers: if you really need help covering South Palm Beach County, and can’t generate your own original ideas, give us a call. We’d be happy to work something out.
Reworking a story on Sunday that we reported on Thursday just looks silly. Although if imitation is flattery, we are truly flattered that you are among the half million readers who turn to BocaNewsNow.com to see what’s really going on in the area.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Lynn University To Hold Virtual Graduation, But FAU In Person This Spring
- Palmetto Place Condo Sued Over Mask Mandate
- CLAIM: Lithium Overdose Caused By Boca Raton Publix
- Delray Beach Woman Sues Boca Kosher Market
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge