BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The third Presidential Debate is tonight at Lynn University and as expected, roads around the campus are now closed as the Secret Service and Boca Raton PD create what is often referred to as a “bubble” to create a security seal for President Obama and Mitt Romney.
Expect growing delays throughout the day in the area of Lynn. The specific road closures are:
Military Trail from Yamato Road to Potomac Road.
Potomac Road from NW 24th Ave to Military Trail.
Spanish River Blvd from Broken Sound Blvd to Military Trail.
This list, however, is not exhaustive. Additional roads will be closed or controlled as the candidates move through the area. It is likely that I-95 and the Florida Turnpike will experience delays — possibly massive delays — at various times over the next two days.
Here is our list of frequently asked questions for area residents wondering how the debate will impact life through mid-day Tuesday, when cleanup is expected to be complete.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?